RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Scale Aerobatics (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   IMAC 2017 possible dates??? Might as well get started. (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=454306)

garyr1 09-20-2016 09:25 PM

IMAC 2017 possible dates??? Might as well get started.

Hey all:

Stetsons in Ottawa are getting started with club meetings again for the autumn and we are looking at a draft schedule for our club events.

If we keep the same weekend for IMAC as in the past 2-3 years, it would be August 12-13 in Ottawa. How does that sound?

What's happening elsewhere?

Billpilotca 09-21-2016 09:57 AM

Re: IMAC 2017 possible dates??? Might as well get started.

Good for you Gary - I expect as always priority will be given to existing contests on the same weekend as previous years i.e. 3rd weekend in July, 2nd weekend in August etc. Always good to check and see what everyone is thinking.

BMG 09-22-2016 04:54 AM

Being a Team Canada prep year, I would love to see something in central Ontario. The idea of the 400 field was bounced around. Stoney Creek was another great possible option. Any takers?

Brendan

steven r 09-22-2016 11:31 AM

I will be confirming dates at our club meeting next week.

aceplant00 09-22-2016 12:57 PM

Maybe a basic only day as well. Went to one a few years ago in Keswick and it was great. Bill cameup to my field last summer for a informal day and feedback was it was great.

itizme 09-22-2016 01:27 PM

Great thread

Capcanuck 09-22-2016 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceplant00 (Post 3019458)
Maybe a basic only day as well. Went to one a few years ago in Keswick and it was great. Bill cameup to my field last summer for a informal day and feedback was it was great.

A central Ontario full blown contest would be much better for 2017 since we need the competition for the higher classes with more competitors in prep for the World's. Just sayin!

Capcanuck 09-22-2016 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMG (Post 3018930)
Being a Team Canada prep year, I would love to see something in central Ontario. The idea of the 400 field was bounced around. Stoney Creek was another great possible option. Any takers?

Brendan

Either one works especially for a SA Nationals. Stoney creek is fantastic....come on guys, let's make it happen!

itizme 09-22-2016 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capcanuck (Post 3019586)
A central Ontario full blown contest would be much better for 2017 since we need the competition for the higher classes with more competitors in prep for the World's. Just sayin!

Didn't I see somewhere that the team is going to be very limited in size as opposed to a full team so far as the rules go. Is that saying more of you suck than just me? Does it not negate the attraction for an event.

Maybe I should read more of it but just thinking to expect something there better be something in return or it's just greed and not an offering.

Billpilotca 09-22-2016 05:24 PM

Steve - just to clarify, in 2014 we sent what would be considered as almost two full teams. It is yet to be decided what the Team size will be for 2018. Something we need to come to grips with. I personally agree that a smaller well qualified Team is preferential. But that is a decision for Adam and the Scale Aerobatics committee, and the Team Captains to grapple with.

Regardless, World's or not we need more central Ontario events. We have a number of prospective pilots who want to give this a try but are not going to travel to northern or eastern Ontario (or the US) to get IMAC experience. We are really missing Stoney Creek, Hamilton-Cayuga, Chatham etc.

It would be great to have an SA Nats again, but something smaller would also be very welcome.