RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Scale Aerobatics (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   2010 sequences and your plans? (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=104022)

13404 04-18-2010 08:16 PM

2010 sequences and your plans?

Just wondering who has been practicing and if so, what you think of this year's sequences (all levels). Also wondering what you plan to fly and maybe even your event plans. It has been very quiet on the scale aerobatics thread lately so I figured I would put these questions out there for discussion since the weather is getting better and flying time has arrived (at last in the North). I plan to finally fly Basic this year (after two years of planning and procrastinating) and have put three flights on a small glow plane with pretty good results. The plane has no up-line so I had to improvise a bit on some maneuvers. My practice and back-up plane should be ready for the end of next week (26cc Funtana 125). Then the real practice begins with my two coaches. The competition plane is a 50cc Aeroworks Yak. We are planning to fly at Ottawa, Cayuga, Stoney Creek, and the Sudbury NOIC as it stands and have talked about maybe squeezing in a US competition or two if we can.

Brendan

Kent F 04-18-2010 08:57 PM

Re: 2010 sequences and your plans?

I would have to conclude you have been bit by the IMAC bug??////

Tyler P 04-19-2010 05:18 AM

I decided to move into Sportsman this year and have been practicing the sequence since last fall. I like it!

As for events, I've scheduled Ottawa and the Nats in so far. Depending on timing, I may hit one in Nova Scotia, too.

13404 04-19-2010 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KENT FABBRO (Post 705402)
I would have to conclude you have been bit by the IMAC bug??////

I sure have coach.

13404 04-19-2010 05:49 AM

Tyler: Do you think your new Yak will be ready for competition? Nice work so far and it looks like you are nearing the end of the build. Maybe I will get that Carden I had mentioned previously next year after all. I already have too many toys for this summer. (Can there ever really be too many though?) There may be a few new builds here next winter. Hope you will consider including the NOIC also on your list.

Brendan

craigk 04-19-2010 07:16 AM

I will try intermediate this year:rolleyes:

I put my foot down and told the wife that I was going to the NOIC and that was that - she put her foot up and said that was all I was going to this year:taped:

13404 04-19-2010 08:49 AM

Craig; we'll just have to drive through the Soo, kidnap you (and your plane), and then smuggle you down to a Michigan event with us. No explaining for you to do, we will take the heat and retreat back to Sudbury as quick as possible when done. I'm sure your wife will forgive us in time and be very sympathetic as to your kidnapping, forced flying and the whole stressful experience.

As crazy as it sounds, this could actually work.

I hope your wife doesn't read this ahead of time or it could mess up the plan.

See you at the NOIC.

Tyler P 04-19-2010 09:05 AM

I'm hoping the Yak will be ready for the Ottawa contest but it may not be. I got stalled on it, so I'm hoping to hammer down over May to get it finished. Should be doable.

As for the NOIC, I'd like to go to that one also, but I have check the scheduling department on that one!

Hope you get your Carden! They build really nice!

Tyler

jimmy- 04-21-2010 12:10 PM

I'm going to compete in Basic again this year... after all, I only made it to one event last year! I'll be flying my Hyperion Super Chipmunk again this year, but hopefully with a new power plant... not nearly enough vertical last year (for example, the plane typically fell out of the uplines before I was particularly ready to continue the maneuver...) I've got my eye on a new Scorpion motor that has proven success in this airframe... more power and still the quietest airplane in any competition! :cool:

I haven't practiced the new Basic sequence much... just with a stick plane so far... it seems harder than last year's Basic, but I think placing the tear-drop at center stage (instead of as a turning maneuver) might make it easier to fly. We'll see as the practicing starts!

I will certainly be at the Ottawa contest... I don't want to miss the home-field advantage! I also hope (and am planning) to get to all three other Ontario contests. A few friends are probably going to Quebec for a few, and I may go as well if the schedule permits, and I was thinking about squeezing in a US contest, either in Michigan, or one of the ones in NE like in New Hampshire or Maine. Ambitious, yes... impossible? Perhaps... we'll see!

Jim

scaleguy 04-21-2010 06:22 PM

Pilot: Jim "Yakov" Daly
Class: NONE!
IMAC Class: Sportsman
Airframe: BBT/FBJ Carden 32% Yak 54
Motivation: DA 100L
Motivation Amplifier: XOAR 25x12 3-Blade Wood Prop
MotivationDampner: KS 86V Cannister x 2
Guidance System: JR 9303 2.4 Dedicated DSM2

Contest Schedule (Tentative)
05/22/10 - Blue River IMAC - Morristown, IN
06/05/10 - Mid-Michigan IMAC - Jackson, MI
06/12/10 - IMAC in the Capital 2010 - Ottawa, ON
07/03/10 - Flying Tigers Scale Aerobatic Encounter 2010 (I'm the CD - May NOT Fly)
07/31/10 - Canadian Nationals - Stoney Creek, ON
08/14/10 - Greater Cincinnati IMAC Challenge - Harrison, OH (Tentative)
08/20/10 - Great Lakes IMAC Challenge - Toledo, OH (Tentative)
08/28/10 - NOIC - Sudbury, ON
09/02/10 - 09/05/10 - Clovercreek Invitational IMAC, Too - Judging Sportsman i non-invitational portion

Oh yeah Sportsman guys. Enjoy the Sportsman Unknowns this year as I wrote some of them. You won't get to see them at any contest I attend though so they may only be used in Sudbury or at Flying Tigers but if you hit any of the Quebec contests or Eastern US ones you moight run into a few of mine. Moooowhaaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaahaaaaa! ;) Now on to trying my hand at writing some Intermediate Unknowns! Oh the Joy... Oh the Joy!.... :lol: