RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Aircraft Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Add`s not Adding up (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=92082)

inhissteps 08-04-2009 07:40 PM

Add`s not Adding up

Ok I need to vent!!
I`m sure this topic has been talked about before but it should be revisited.

I have seen SO many post lately of people selling stuff with little to no information.

I'm not only complaning about new members, but if you have little to no history on RCC don't expect to sell a $1000.00 rc if you don't even spent the 5 min's it takes and pop on some pictures or even explain a little about it.
Don`t slap a one liner no info add for a expensive plane, heli, whatever and then proceed to bump 20 times a day because no one will reply.

Also take some time and search other sales to see what simular items are going for.

Most people here on rcc are not made of money so larger items takes time to sell.

On the other side I have seen a few members lately who have really gone the extra mile and really made their add nice. My drover goes off to you:D

HalfaStrut 08-04-2009 07:46 PM

Re: Add`s not Adding up

HI

I agree completely. The ones that bug me are the ones you ask for info, and they send you a website link or tell you to do your own research. If I went into a store an asked a question and the sales person told me to do my own research or gave me a site link I'd walk out and shop elseware. Same applies here.
You can't take the time to post the information required, don't bother at all. MY VENT DONE !! LOL

Pat

RAMJET 08-04-2009 09:01 PM

my biggest peeve ,when I post a item ,people with "no intrest" will hijack ,and go on at length about how they had problems with one ,or do some research on the product and post a link to the lowest price I have ever seen LOL from some place like rcu .hobbycity /and then the lowballs start . I think you should be able to delete negitive posts on your own thread .rant over .Roger

xv-townboy 08-04-2009 09:30 PM

Totally agree with everything said .The number one thing that PO,s me is no location!.New seller with about two post and wont take the time to add their location.I've asked a couple of new sellers what their location was and the response i got was Ontario..WTF?!.How vague is that!!.Anyhow thats my rant on this subject..Thanks

dash8 08-04-2009 09:43 PM

Watch out, there are members here who will slam you for commenting on how people post... even if it's in the best intention...

but I agree.... saying I have a RC plane and selling it for 1000$ does not make it sellable lol.. list what ya got!

waylander 08-04-2009 10:07 PM

Happens all the time and ya, it's annoying.

I once asked what servos, gyro, motor/esc... etc. was in a heli that was posted for sale. The guy told me to see the picture which was about 2" x 2" and obviously taken with a camera phone. Could barely tell what type of heli it was much less read the labels on the servos...

It would be like posting "car for sale... good condition... $20,000".

My other pet peeve is dirty items... if you're trying to sell something then at least take the time to clean it. Most guys don't get a chance to see the item in person so presentation is everything.

My rant over...

moo 08-04-2009 10:44 PM

Failed grade eight English class, not complete sentence.
Confuddled grammar and slepping.
not the proof redding. drunk seaming.
tiny piqutures

http://www.rocky3d.com/thumbnails/P51mustg.jpg

Almost forgot: random apostrophes/spelling like lens's, len's, lense, servo's, gear's, add instead of ad :lol:
I thought I had trouble with English.

bobreib 08-05-2009 07:42 AM

I agree with Moo ..
The English language really takes a beating on some of the posts. It only takes a few extra seconds to include some relevant information in an advertisement, and most people have computers with spell checkers . ( thank heavens )

redvan 08-05-2009 08:27 AM

But if I put up my planes for sale with redickerus high prices and almost no information and they don't sell, I can use that as an excuse for keeping them.

See honey, I tried to sell them, there's just no market for them. Is it ok if I order that new airplane now?

Flyboy76 08-05-2009 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redvan (Post 628529)
But if I put up my planes for sale with redickerus high prices and almost no information and they don't sell, I can use that as an excuse for keeping them.

See honey, I tried to sell them, there's just no market for them. Is it ok if I order that new airplane now?

EXACTLY!!!! You have proof that you tried to sell them. I can even show her the new price on Greathobbies and say "look at how much cheaper i'm selling than new price and look at it... it's nearly new!!!"

LOL!

Geoff