RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Sailplanes / Electro-gliders (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Radian Glider (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=100463)

copilot 02-10-2010 01:22 PM

Radian Glider

Hi. I could not beleive my ears. I give what was left of my Radion Glider to Ron Roy. I thought he might be-able to use some of the parts for the glider he is building. 2 or 3 days after I gave him this mess he phones me up and said it's ready to fly. This has to be one of the best builders I've ever came across. He is going to come out and fly it this summer. I sure hope it flys better. My hats off to a super guy. Al

rkhoo 02-10-2010 10:24 PM

Re: Radian Glider

A pic to share will certainly enlight the inquiring minds :)

copilot 02-11-2010 07:25 AM

I haven't seen it yet myself. I will get a hold of him this week-end and try to get apicture. Al

ronljroy 02-11-2010 10:16 AM

OK, I'll try and take a picture and post it, but can't do that for a few days. The fix was "relatively easy", as long as you have parts. I used "foam safe CA" to repair the foam that was bit off by the "bear". The fuselage was broken in three pieces. I glued it back and used some Carbon fiber to re-enforce. I made the repair pieces from foam used for shipping electronic stuff, made them too big, cut them to reduce the size, then sanded the rest to shape. I needed servo wires which I had. The rest went easy enough. I still have to check the CG, but that should be easy enough. The 3s pack I am using is quite a bit bigger (2500 ma), and therefore heavier, so the flight caracteristics are of course unknown. I will wait till spring to take it out to Shillington Al, but I promise I will take it out. Remember, it's still yours!!!!

rusty33 02-11-2010 03:04 PM

Great story lads. Thanks for sharing.

mark_ 02-11-2010 06:11 PM

good luck co...let us know it works out!

copilot 02-12-2010 08:42 AM

Thanks Ron. I just want to see it fly. Like I told you it's yours. I could not repair it and it would just end up in the trash. You enjoy it and maybe teach a newbee how to fly. Can't wait till spring to see it fly. ( I Hope) Al

Dale Hunter 02-18-2010 04:01 PM

Another warm story. Modellers are about the nicest people around, and Glider Guiders are the Cream.
-Dale-

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

ronljroy 02-22-2010 05:10 PM

I took some pictures of the repaired Radian Glider, but the files are 5 megs in size, and although I can save them in any format with my paperport program, none of them reduce the size enough to fit on RCC. Al, I'll send them to you via e-mail. Send me a PM if any one else wants a copy

copilot 02-22-2010 08:11 PM

Wow, Ron, You did a real nice job on that. It looks like it just came out of the box.I can't wait to see it fly. Great job. Al