RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Events (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Prince Albert Aero Modellers Air Show / Fun Fly (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=48173)

Zathis 06-15-2005 12:01 AM

Prince Albert Aero Modellers Air Show / Fun Fly

Prince Albert Aero Modellers 14th Annual miniature air show / fun fly will be taking place Sunday June 26th from 1:00pm - 5:00pm.

MacLeod Flying Field is located 7km west of Prince Albert, SK on Hwy 3 and 3km south on the Buckland Road (watch for signs).

I am very excited about this event as it will be my first fun fly as a pilot!

All MAAC members in the area, please come out and support the P.A.A.M. flying club!

Concession and camping at the field available.

Kerry

scaleguy 06-15-2005 06:14 AM

Hey Kerry,

Prince Albert Aero Modellers - WOW, that's a name from the past!

I did some work at Sask Penn in the early eighties and was in PA for about 4 months, during the winter. :yikes: The only thing that kept me sain was finding the local hobby shop and then going to the club meetings and visiting the field on those warmer days... -20 or so. :wink:

What a great bunch of guys. After about two months of hanging around the club and stuff I started to get invites for dinner as those who travel a lot know you can get pretty sick of restaurant food after a couple of weeks so the home cooked meals were greatly appreciated. I even have a club hat kicking around somewhere.

I drove from Mississauga to PA in a cube van and managed to sneak in four kits and 1/2 my workshop tools and a 8 foot folding table to work on, into the truck. Man was the maid ever surprised the first morning she came to clean my room.... table with balsa everywhere and balsa dust everywhere as well.

Hey is your club still heavily into Pylon racing?

Thanx for bringing back those good memories. Good luck with your funfly, sorry I can't make it this time. :wink: :lol:

Zathis 06-15-2005 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scaleguy
Hey Kerry,

Prince Albert Aero Modellers - WOW, that's a name from the past!

Hey is your club still heavily into Pylon racing?

Thanx for bringing back those good memories. Good luck with your funfly, sorry I can't make it this time. :wink: :lol:

Actually, that is one of the things I find funny about this club. We hold races every year (Aug 13 & 14 this year). Both Q-500 and Q-40 classes are run, but no members of the club race anymore! I asked at one of the meetings why we would host races if none of the club members race? and was told that we have always held races in P.A. and the fun is in the running of the races, not just the racing!

Last year I went to the races (my first R/C air experience) and seeing how fast these little planes go is what got me hooked! We had 18 racers (I think) in both classes last year, and are hoping for more this year.

Kerry