RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Aircraft Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   2007 NATS (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=61364)

Kevin McGrath 12-19-2006 05:45 PM

2007 NATS

MAAC is pleased to announce that the board of directors of MAAC voted unanimously over the last three days to accept a bid from a team of members from the SW Ontario zone to hold a multiple event National Championships August 23,24,25,26,2007,at the Chatham Municipal airport ,Chatham Ontario.
The bidding group is headed by Peter Doupnik,John Mainwaring,Norm McLellan,and Bryan Hewitt,supported by many of the volunteers from this zone who have contributed their enthusiasm and skills supporting the many past major competitive events that this zone is famous for.
Events will include all classes of control line,SAM,R/C combat,Space Modelling,R/C Precision Aerobatics,and R/C Scale which will also use the event as their FAI Team selection.
The weekend prior the Canadian R/C Scale Aerobatic Championships will be held at the 400 Club near Barrie On.,August 17,18,19.CDs are Dave Dietrich and Sam Filippelli.
Additionally on this same weekend a new R/C Scale event will debut at Lindsay On., hosted by the Kawartha Lakes RCFC, CD Peter Conquergood,August 18,19,encompassing the SE On. zone R/C Scale Championships ,which will also be a qualifier for The US Scalemasters event.

There is a lot of work to do and much detail will follow on all these events but its not too early to mark your calendars,and schedhule your vacations to attend or compete at one or more of these happenings during this exciting week in the SE and SW Ontario zones.

ronm 12-19-2006 05:50 PM

This is great news, and a great bunch of guys to run the affair!!!! :cheers:

scaleguy 12-20-2006 01:41 AM

Man August is gonna be busy! I better book September off to recover! :wink: :lol:

Randy Brown 12-20-2006 05:47 AM

Re: 2007 NATS

Great to see this has been straighted out

RB

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin McGrath
MAAC is pleased to announce that the board of directors of MAAC voted unanimously over the last three days to accept a bid from a team of members from the SW Ontario zone to hold a multiple event National Championships August 23,24,25,26,2007,at the Chatham Municipal airport ,Chatham Ontario.
The bidding group is headed by Peter Doupnik,John Mainwaring,Norm McLellan,and Bryan Hewitt,supported by many of the volunteers from this zone who have contributed their enthusiasm and skills supporting the many past major competitive events that this zone is famous for.
Events will include all classes of control line,R/C combat,space Modelling,R/C Precision Aerobatics,and R/C Scale which will also use the event as their FAI Team selection.
The weekend prior the Canadian R/C Scale Aerobatic Championships will be held at the 400 Club near Barrie On.,August 17,18,19.CDs are Dave Dietrich and Sam Filippelli.
Additionally on this same weekend a new R/C Scale event will debut at Lindsay On., hosted by the Kawartha Lakes RCFC), CD John Conquergood,August 18,19,encompassing the SE On. zone R/C Scale Championships ,which will also be a qualifier for The US Scalemasters event.

There is a lot of work to do and much detail will follow on all these events but its not too early to mark your calendars,and schedhule your vacations to attend or compete at one or more of these happenings during this exciting week in the SE and SW Ontario zones.

Guest 12-20-2006 07:25 AM

Nothing to straighten out Randy its just a proper bid from a good group of guys without all the politics and posturing of the past.

Dennis

RC_MAN 12-21-2006 09:37 PM

I would like to get an idea as to how many modellers will be participating and what class will you be flying at.

Please post it here or e mail me at; doupnik@mnsi.net

Thanks

Peter

scaleguy 12-21-2006 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC_MAN
I would like to get an idea as to how many modellers will be participating and what class will you be flying at.

Please post it here or e mail me at; doupnik@mnsi.net

Thanks

Peter

Peter,

I think many of us will have to know what days each discipline is scheduled for before we can commit ourself. Most of my holidays are already booked and if my discipline is in the middle of the week I may not be able to attend.. so I can't commit at this time. I am sure there are others in the same boat! :D :D

Guest 12-21-2006 11:18 PM

Ditto to what Jim said.

JimMcIntyre 12-22-2006 07:17 AM

I'd like to fly in Scale ... but I'd need to book dates now. :?

Kevin McGrath 12-22-2006 08:01 AM

I will be at the whole Nats,will volunteer for whatever needs doing,and will probably fly in R/C Scale,dont know which class.