RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Aircraft Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   good service (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=78833)

craigk 09-05-2008 08:53 AM

good service

Long story
while at the Toledo Show last year, I was scoping out goodies for my 35% Katana and stumbled acrosss a booth with some really sweet and inexpensive aluminum hub wheels, matching mains and tail wheels.
Cheap too.
So I bought them, being frugal and all.:mrgreen:

anyway over the course of the summer, one of the tires became chipped foam. :censored:

I sent the store an email stating same.
The store is:
J&R Hobby Hardware
201 Adrienne Court
Blackwood, NJ 08012

and they are on the 'net

Ron (I guess the R) sent me a note back, send them the pair and they would replace them no charge.

Very nice, I didn't expect that.
So I thought I'd share a positive customer experience here.:p

LEE 09-05-2008 10:04 AM

Re: good service

And how pray tell did you chip those tires, especially now that we put the gear on the right way?:p Just kidding! Its always nice to see manufacturers who really stand behind their products. T:phe modelling community sure finds out about it in a hurry (and also about the not so good ones:rolleyes:)

Lee

AJCoholic 09-05-2008 11:42 AM

200 Attachment(s)
Yes, LEe but it does seem most of the time you hear all about the bad and seldom the good. HUman nature I guess...

Some companies certainly take care of their customers (which is really great!)... even guys like Craig! ;)

AJC

aceplant00 09-05-2008 09:15 PM

I met the same guy at Toledo as well. He was a great guy to deal with. Prices were great and service was above what I ever expected. Went out of his way to ensure I had the right adapter for a spinner I bought. No extra fees to change just a quick question as to what engine it was going on and a quick scan of is book to ensure everything was correct. He has good prices on small hardware as well.

Gary Maker 09-05-2008 09:28 PM

Craig, glad to hear your success story.. I have delt with a fair number of different dealers over the years at Toledo and have always received great service.

A few years back I got a couple of mini digital volt meters from a company called i4c products that cost $35 each USD. This year at Toledo a new booth was their, different company selling the exact same type anyway item for an advanced fee of $15 each.

I paid my money then thought, hmm, what if they don't send them? How will I ever even contact them? A week after the show, they showed up. Great little piece of equipment at a real decent price.

Have always had great service from Toledo venders!