RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Heli Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   What a great morning - first time inverted! (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=121528)

sean_m 04-22-2011 12:25 PM

What a great morning - first time inverted!

I am just thrilled!

Nice warm morning here in Ottawa with no wind. I flew 2 flights on my 450, 2 flights on my 250, and then got our the MCPX. I felt brave so I got her high and in fast forward flight. I pulled back hard on the cyclic and leveled off the collective and wow! Helli was inverted! I held her there for 3 seconds before bailing out.

Don't know when I will try that on my 250...

I think this is going to be a great season. Waiting for my MAAC card and counting the days until fun fly weekends.

- Sean

Phil Noel 04-22-2011 12:37 PM

Re: What a great morning - first time inverted!

Congrats Sean!

4wdmt 04-22-2011 01:19 PM

Congratz!!! That 3 seconds will turn into 5 to 10 . . .

Froghammer 04-22-2011 01:23 PM

Very cool. I'm still working on that stuff in Phoenix. No way I'd try it out in the real world that has expensive consequences. Haha.

craneman32 04-22-2011 05:08 PM

325 Attachment(s)
Nice job man!

paladin 04-22-2011 05:08 PM

wow 3 seconds on a real one... I'd crap my pants just flying normal!
I'm just learning but in the real flight basic sim I can keep the dolphin 3D .46 in the air and fly it upside down and do loops and sideways rolls long enough to get bored of it.
Is this a hard one to fly?

sean_m 04-22-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paladin (Post 821675)
wow 3 seconds on a real one... I'd crap my pants just flying normal!
I'm just learning but in the real flight basic sim I can keep the dolphin 3D .46 in the air and fly it upside down and do loops and sideways rolls long enough to get bored of it.
Is this a hard one to fly?

The MCPx is an absolute dream to fly. Flys like I wish my TREX 250 did! The 3 axis FBL unit is so good I am looking at converting my 450 to flybarless.

I have crashed my MCPx dozens of times into the grass and - as long as I hit throttle hold - I just snug up the main gear and keep flying. I find the MCPx is letting me get the feel of "dangerous" tricks before trying them on my expensive 250 or 450.

Love this hobby...

- Sean

Tyler P 04-22-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_m (Post 821686)
The MCPx is an absolute dream to fly. Flys like I wish my TREX 250 did! The 3 axis FBL unit is so good I am looking at converting my 450 to flybarless.

I have crashed my MCPx dozens of times into the grass and - as long as I hit throttle hold - I just snug up the main gear and keep flying. I find the MCPx is letting me get the feel of "dangerous" tricks before trying them on my expensive 250 or 450.

Love this hobby...

- Sean

I had similar experiences today! I was flying mine out at the Arnprior club and just having a blast! I didn't try to keep mine inverted but I did do my first flips and a roll with mine! The MCPx is an excellent little heli! I'm not sure how much wind I was in but I'm pretty sure the gusts were getting up to about 20km/hr and the MCPx was still up to the task!

mjohnson 04-22-2011 08:52 PM

Me too!!! I had a great day here on the Island. Flying at the field near Courtenay. I finally got up the gumption to try some more acro with my Trex 500. I did backflips, loops and rolls. I had got very gunshy with it after losing orientaion twice and crashing it in poor light conditions. Today it was sunny and just a bit of wind so caution went out the window. It took me a year and a half of just flying around to get up the nerve again!! Glad I did!!

Tomorrow the world!!

Cheers

MJ

Max 04-23-2011 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_m (Post 821593)
I am just thrilled!

Nice warm morning here in Ottawa with no wind. I flew 2 flights on my 450, 2 flights on my 250, and then got our the MCPX. I felt brave so I got her high and in fast forward flight. I pulled back hard on the cyclic and leveled off the collective and wow! Helli was inverted! I held her there for 3 seconds before bailing out.

Don't know when I will try that on my 250...

I think this is going to be a great season. Waiting for my MAAC card and counting the days until fun fly weekends.

- Sean

Woot!! awesome! Congrats bud!