RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Jet Aircraft (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   News about the High River RC Jet Rally (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=70629)

akb 11-27-2007 04:55 PM

News about the High River RC Jet Rally

The High River Jet Club is pleased to announce that it has established a new airport that it will be flying at hopefully for many years to come. The field is just a few minutes away from the High River Airport. It is private airport and full sized aircraft must have prior permission before making any landings there. It is 4500’X 50’. (Oh and by the way Roy you would probably be able to park your trailer without having to walk a mile.) We are going to start flying there as soon as the temps pick up a bit and the mighty Chinook winds get below 30 MPH.
After talking with other members of the club, it has been decided, that to build a strong relationship with the ownership, we will concentrate on flying and learning about the field in 2008 and if we can get permission, to hold the High River RC Jet Rally there in 2009, the last weekend of July.
We value our strong participation from our sponsors and hope they will trust again with there support in 2009. For the pilots that attended in 2007, we look forward to seeing you and your buddies in 2009. We hope to attend a few Rallies in the West this year and hope to see quit a few of you.
Thank you all again from High River RC Jet Club and wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Alan Blore
High River RC Jet Rally

Youngguy 11-27-2007 08:14 PM

Good news Al. Hope you are able to do the rallie thing in 2008. Really enjoyed myself this year and would look forward to another session next year.
The best of the season to you and yours as well.

Molar Mender 11-28-2007 10:24 PM

New flying site

Alan

Now that sounds like a real winner. My wife enjoys watching the flying activities out of the trailer window which she was not able to do this last year. So she was more disappointed than I was. Is the field paved? Look forward to another trip up North when you have the next event.

Roy

akb 11-29-2007 12:42 AM

Hi Roy
Yes it is a paved runway. From reading on RCU and RC Canada, sounds like you got a good flying year in. I had a very good year as well. It has only been the last two weeks that the temps finally dropped down too far for the PST to fire up. When the temps come back up and and there is not too much snow we will get back at again. Although the snow doesn't seem to matter because the owner's of this airport plough the snow quit regularly.
We will make plenty of announcements when the next rally will be. Hope to see you at few this next year.
See you Roy and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your wife.

Alan

Vulcan1 11-29-2007 10:07 PM

Alan,
Could you pm me the location of the strip. When we get a chinook and your going out I would like to watch. I could learn more this way.
Thanks, John

rcav8tr 11-30-2007 08:46 PM

HI Alan

Sounds like great location. Keep us in the loop. We'll be there in '09.

Ed

akb 11-30-2007 08:59 PM

Rally

HI Ed
Will try and work out all the kinks in 08 to be good in 09.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family Ed.

Alan and Jean