RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Events (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Western Canada R/C Warbird Event FunFly (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=200363)

Riptide44 07-15-2013 01:24 PM

Western Canada R/C Warbird Event FunFly

Western Canada R/C Warbird Event (Fadrny Field) 10km Northwest of St. Albert,,Alberta...September 6,7,8...All WW1 and WW2 related aircraft,with wingspan of 72inch plus...An event were Warbirds will fly ,and loads of pictures will be taken...Dawn Patrol and Squadron Strenght in Numbers is encouraged..This is a 1st year of an annual Heavy Metal,Piston Pounding Weekend of FUN and NO POLITICS..Mark it on your calender and be in one of the first to attend of many years of Western Canada Warbirds....For more information and to register for this event,as we need to know numbers Phone Ron at 780 724 2635......there is no fees for this event as all events should be ,you attending is your Warbird Pilots Fee...Thanks to Jerry Fadrny for your great idea of this event and to all the others in the planning and stratagising,,hats of to all...Western Canada needed this.....

Canuck1 07-15-2013 07:48 PM

Re: Western Canada R/C Warbird Event FunFly

Sounds like it will be a good event.
The field is beautiful, lots of room and no obstructions.
It's on my calendar, look forward to lots of flying and great times.

Craig

nate55 07-16-2013 09:59 PM

The Harvard is ready to rock , the grass better be cut and Ron the food better be good !

Cheers Nate

Sukhoi 68 07-17-2013 04:47 PM

Count me in.....

Scott

marco2236 07-19-2013 04:40 PM

I've got that weekend off already..51% chance of attending

j patterson 07-19-2013 09:43 PM

Hi
Please supply direction for this fun event
Thanks
jp

raptuck 07-20-2013 10:39 PM

Very interested also, hopefully will still have some warbirds flying. Directions would be great help.

Riptide44 07-22-2013 01:18 PM

Stay tuned to this site directions to follow from the host himself Jerry ,,and yes people please respond to the tread or phone me,,it is very important that we know the numbers of who is attending,,,as of today we have 17 pilots,,,thats awesome guys,,so please let me know........

psavagerc 07-23-2013 10:58 AM

Im in great idea

Riptide44 07-24-2013 02:17 PM

hello folks....Jerry has gave me the official directions to the site....lets start out with the official location of the flying site Lot 54417B for those with gps units..... now the old timers method::::::::::: hiway 2 which goes thru St. Albert take this highway north 5km till you get to the hiway 37 overpass,and take hiway 37 west for about 6km,, till you get to RR261 this road goes south which you will be taking south, you have to be carefull because you will be looking for the sign on the right hand side of the road, but you will be taking RR261 going left,which is SOUTH..... now take this for 2km and you will now see Jerry and Leannes gate ,which Jerry tells me will have a airplane marker of some sort....so there you have it... if all else fails phone Jerry at 780 459 2296 or me at 780 724 2635.. we will guide you in...........