RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Events (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Maidenfest 2012.......cancelled (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=138843)

flysrcs 04-12-2012 06:01 PM

Maidenfest 2012.......cancelled

We have just found out not an hour ago that although maidenfest had the blessings of the past and current safety chair of MAAC. If the Keswick club carries on with This event / workshop our zone director will pull there MAAC charter indefinatley. Our zone directer was made clear along time ago of the safety precausions taken and how specifically and tight ship the event is being run taking all aspects into considerations into acount for a maidenflight. We only found out this AM through a phone call from another clubs member that this was going to be the case. No memeber of the Keswick club nor the Club president was officially made aware of the clubs impending revokation of the memebrship until today. We have attmepted to make concessions to make this event still possible but our zone directer would not hear of it.
So I would like to Publically thank ALL sponsors, Volenteers, and last but not least You the Pilots. Good luck on all maidenflights and unless MAAC is willing to move into the modern era no further event of this kind will happen. Or at least in our zone.
Thank you ALL again. It was alot of fun and I had alot of help by some talented people. Ilearned alot about how to organize an event of this magnatude..

Dave W.

Daren71 04-12-2012 06:51 PM

Re: Maidenfest 2012.......cancelled

Yikes....that sucks. It looked like it was going to be an epic event.

Daren

bartman 04-12-2012 07:06 PM

I am speachless!! Thanx to you and your crew for all the work you put in. That really sucks!!!!

smoknrv4 04-12-2012 07:21 PM

Unreal!!:rolleyes:

insomniac 04-12-2012 07:25 PM

So what they are saying is no MAAC member is allowed to maiden their planes? Doesnt make any Sense to me!

Bdegan 04-12-2012 07:25 PM

I would like to say thank you to Dave and Karl and all the Keswick gang and sponsors for doing everything they did.
I'm sorry to see this happen. Especially in the manner in which things have unfolded.

I would also like to express my disappointment in MAAC in the manner this was handled.

The event was being set up to meet all criteria that MAAC wanted.

I mean, what better environment to maiden your new plane than in the presence of experts and professionals.
To have these people go over your equiptment, help with any over looked items. And to be there to help if needed.
I doesnt get any better than this.

So now some of these pilots will be left to do their maidens by themselves.
Or at a field that may have other people flying around at the same time. And they may not get that critical eye or assistance.

I am deeply dissappointed. Especially when an organization wants to push, promote and grow new membership.

This is a step in the wrong direction

Brad Egan
MAAC # 48597

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

BAMDFISHER 04-12-2012 07:34 PM

I totally agree with Brad's view.:confused::confused:

MAAC should publically point out in writing what was the problem with this event.

I've never paid much attention to voting for zone directors and the executive but next time I'm going to being doing more reseach as who I vote for that shares my views for using common sense.

CHEVPRO 04-12-2012 07:39 PM

I am deeply disappointed at the narrow minded people who caused this event to be cancelled.

Oh, and thanks to all who tried to pull this event together.

chris p 04-12-2012 07:50 PM

well you cannot hold an event but if you invited a "few friends" who all have a valid mac membership to your club field and fly a few planes, ITS NOT AN EVENT!

Just my 2c,
if its not sanctioned,Its not an event. Its just you and some fello pilots flying some really nice airplanes!

chris

hitechflyer 04-12-2012 07:52 PM

Bummer I was looking forward to having a good camera man.

So whats the deal, no maiden flights at whats considered a FF:(