RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Scale Aerobatics (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Plane hanging (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=205840)

gbjets 11-15-2013 08:24 PM

Plane hanging

2 Attachment(s)
After discussing with my friend Hugh on how to hang my 125 in. Extra 300, I decided to use two pulleys. As you can see it didn't turn out as planned, I worked two hours trying to come up with a good pulley system and this is what happened. They are called Hoists, I got fed up and bought two hoists at Princess Auto for $129.00 each and they are 120 volts and easy to install.
There's a safety switch to stop the motor if you don't release the switch on time, as long as you set your strap length properly, you'll be fine. They are rated at 440 lbs and my plane only weighs 44 lbs, should be safe, I think.
I must be getting lazy or smart:D:D
I love it, works great.

aceplant00 11-15-2013 08:36 PM

Re: Plane hanging

2 Attachment(s)
here is my option $20

thegr8david 11-15-2013 08:37 PM

I can't stop laughing Gaston, that is to much! You're not that short, you're going to hit your head on your plane every time you go into your shop. I'm going to have to start hanging my planes, getting too many to leave on the floor. That and I just acquired another plane. Did you see the "what's new" column on the scale aerobatics Canada web site? Check it out buddy.
My wife isn't very happy another plane is coming into the house, she thinks I have too many now..... what does she know, right.

Dave

gbjets 11-15-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceplant00 (Post 1397872)
here is my option $20

I tried that Todd, I didn't really like it, only works if both hooks are lifting equal weights. If it worked for you, it's awesome.:)

gbjets 11-15-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegr8david (Post 1397874)
I can't stop laughing Gaston, that is to much! You're not that short, you're going to hit your head on your plane every time you go into your shop. I'm going to have to start hanging my planes, getting too many to leave on the floor. That and I just acquired another plane. Did you see the "what's new" column on the scale aerobatics Canada web site? Check it out buddy.
My wife isn't very happy another plane is coming into the house, she thinks I have too many now..... what does she know, right.

Dave

I'm glad to see that you won that plane, couldn't get a more deserving winner. If you hang your planes, she might not see them..:D as far as my 300 it's not going to stay there, that's for an identical one I'm planning to buy as a backup this winter, I'll probably leave the gear off until I need it.

itizme 11-16-2013 09:26 AM

Nice setup but you could have just hung your trailer with it and left the plane inside. I have a nice generator, if the power goes out I can come help you get her down!

gbjets 11-16-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itizme (Post 1397960)
Nice setup but you could have just hung your trailer with it and left the plane inside. I have a nice generator, if the power goes out I can come help you get her down!

Hi Steve
Thanks for the offer but I also have a generator....:D:D
Did you make it to Sudbury this week.

itizme 11-16-2013 10:03 AM

Lol
I got to Sufbury 11:30 thursday night, left to go back to New Liskeard at 5:30 friday morning. The guy that checked me in at night was still on shift and I know he was thinking I just got there, maybe I didn't like the room.

gbjets 11-16-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itizme (Post 1397969)
Lol
I got to Sufbury 11:30 thursday night, left to go back to New Liskeard at 5:30 friday morning. The guy that checked me in at night was still on shift and I know he was thinking I just got there, maybe I didn't like the room.

That's what I call dedication, now you need a rest. See you next time, hopefully you get a break.

itizme 11-16-2013 10:54 AM

Dec 8 to fly
Sometime this week to work

You have been warned and I might ask " Howz it hanging?"