RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Nitro, Gas, Lipo chat (RC Car & Truck) (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=215)
-   -   silicone wire (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=184709)

imported_lip 07-26-2011 04:23 PM

silicone wire

Hi guys,
I really would like to buy some silicone wire but have not been able to find it outside of paying a ton of $$$$ at a hobby shop.
I was at sayel electronics in mississagau and didn't see any there.

LIP

TracktionRC 07-26-2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lip (Post 279096)
Hi guys,
I really would like to buy some silicone wire but have not been able to find it outside of paying a ton of $$$$ at a hobby shop.
I was at sayel electronics in mississagau and didn't see any there.

LIP

I had the same idea, but quickly regretted it. Spend the money and get the best.

Pick up some "Wet Noodle" from Hobby Hobby.

Michael_Lambert 07-26-2011 05:08 PM

Find a shop who sells it off the spool usually you can get it for a buck or buck 25 per foot..

imported_lip 07-26-2011 08:27 PM

Thanks.
I'm trying to find somewhere who sells it by the spool...I figured sayel would have it but they only had the regular types of wire.

imported_lip 07-26-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TracktionRC (Post 279097)
I had the same idea, but quickly regretted it. Spend the money and get the best.

Pick up some "Wet Noodle" from Hobby Hobby.

hobby hobby doesn't sell it as far as I can tell...they have some novak silicone cable but it's pretty pricey...I found a place online for the wet noodle which is $1.25/ft but then I have to ship it.

Michael_Lambert 07-26-2011 08:51 PM

Pinnacle hobby sells it by off the spool.. I can't remember what I paid last time but i thought it was around a buck a foot.. Worth the drive depending on where you live, i know they will ship if needed.

TracktionRC 07-26-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lip (Post 279101)
hobby hobby doesn't sell it as far as I can tell...they have some novak silicone cable but it's pretty pricey...I found a place online for the wet noodle which is $1.25/ft but then I have to ship it.

I can't imagine why you would need it by the spool, unless you plan to sell it.

A $15 purchase should cover you for a couple of vehicles with spare left over. Beats spending $70 for more than you will ever need.

BTW if any needs some of that 3M plastic Velcro they use on the 407ETR transponder let me know. I could only find it in bulk and bought $70 worth of it. Lol

imported_lip 07-27-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TracktionRC (Post 279103)
I can't imagine why you would need it by the spool, unless you plan to sell it.

A $15 purchase should cover you for a couple of vehicles with spare left over. Beats spending $70 for more than you will ever need.

BTW if any needs some of that 3M plastic Velcro they use on the 407ETR transponder let me know. I could only find it in bulk and bought $70 worth of it. Lol

I got a chuckle out of your reply...why would you buy so much cable, btw want to buy some velcro that I bought too much of....hahahaha

Actually, I am interested in the velcro stuff...that stuff is magic.

imported_eurofocus 07-27-2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lip (Post 279111)
I got a chuckle out of your reply...why would you buy so much cable, btw want to buy some velcro that I bought too much of....hahahaha

Actually, I am interested in the velcro stuff...that stuff is magic.

I think the bulk velcro purchase was sarcasm... lol

TracktionRC 07-27-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eurofocus (Post 279114)
I think the bulk velcro purchase was sarcasm... lol

No sarcasm....I did buy $70 worth and am willing to sell some. I figured "what the heck" I'm sure someone will need some.

I'll pack it with my RC stuff. If you want it come find me. I'll be at Hardcore this Sunday for the Club Series Race.

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/...ionrc/HC_2.jpg