RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Car & Truck discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   Glorcs 2011 (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=182498)

imported_BBFBCAP 09-29-2010 11:11 AM

Glorcs 2011

Well, where do I start?

Let me begin by extending a genuine thank you to the gentleman who brought GLORCS to life many years ago, and gave us ALL something to look forward to every summer. Without you guys, and all your hard work, the series never would have made it to where it is today. I want to thank you for granting me the opportunity to carry on what you worked so hard to establish. On behalf of myself, and everyone else who's participated in GLORCS over the years, I want to say thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

As many of you now know, I'm taking over the operations of the GLORCS series. You may ask yourself why I would do that, so I want to explain. Like many of you, I'm just a guy who's passionate about 1/8 off-road racing, and I want to make sure that we ALL have races to attend, and varying series to compete in. I’ve picked up a very tired bird with a broken wing, and intend to mend it, so it can fly high once again!

I intend to make changes to GLORCS, and those changes will be positive. I won't sit here and tell you that everyone is going to be happy, but I will sit here and tell you that most will be. How do I know this? By assuring each and every one of you, that the goings-on, procedures and policies of the series will be more candid, and will be modeled after the racers wants and needs.

When racers are happy, attendance goes up. When attendance goes up, the races are more attractive, and the tracks are happy and make more money. Everyone wins! This is not my opinion. It’s a fact! A series run by racers, for the racers. Nothing less. It’s my goal to get registrations up to 100+ per race, like they have been in the past, and I see no reason why we can’t cooperatively make that happen.

Although there will be structure and policies in place, the foundation of the series' future success relies heavily on YOUR INPUT. Continued efforts will be made to ensure that tracks are happy, racers are happy, and conflicts with other series are kept to a minimum or eliminated completely.

Good friend and fellow racer, Jordan Krupp, suggested that I host an open meeting to discuss the series, and bring forth people’s ideas and opinions. I think it’s an excellent idea, and I’m going to work on making it happen over the winter months. Just one small example of how a racer can help to make a difference by bringing a good idea to the table. Thanks Jordan!

Count on seeing the 2011 schedule very soon. I’d like it off my plate, so other things can be worked on. Although not guaranteed, I’m working to bring the series back to 7 races, with the 7th being a final. In doing so, care is going to be taken to respect the other series’ schedules as well as club racing at participating tracks.

I could ramble on and on, but I guess I will leave it at this for now. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to post your question(s) here. I will do my best to answer them for you as quickly as I can. Please remember that I am still learning, and am only in the early stages of this transition, with lots of work left to do. I’ve had many people already volunteer their help, and I am very grateful.

I want to thank everyone in advance for your support, and above all else, I want you all to know that this is not my series…IT'S OUR SERIES!!!

Dave Henry 09-29-2010 12:16 PM

well put kevin, after getting to know you over the past few summers i see this as a very positive step for the series:UP:
i look forward to paricipating in the 2011 championship and to positive changes in the future:UP:

tefflawn 09-29-2010 12:33 PM

True series

Will this be a true canadian series in 2011 :CAN: like rcpro canada thats a true canadian series.

thrash metal 09-29-2010 02:29 PM

Re glorcs in 2011

Glorcs has always had at least one American track participate in the series and I'm sure guys will agree with when I say the glenwood track should be one of the races next season if they want to

I know I'm looking forward to racing at glenwood next season

007 09-29-2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrash metal (Post 263783)
Glorcs has always had at least one American track participate in the series and I'm sure guys will agree with when I say the glenwood track should be one of the races next season if they want to

I know I'm looking forward to racing at glenwood next season

+ 1000. They are a BIG part of the series as are our racing friends from the US.

Dave Henry 09-29-2010 02:48 PM

the series would not be the same without our american friends, they have supported the series since its inception and we should continue to support them as well!
we usually have some canadian beer at the u.s. races, is that what you mean teff?

imported_BBFBCAP 09-29-2010 03:15 PM

Dave - Thanks for the support, and for offering to help me out along the way, while we were at Glenwood this past weekend. Heaven knows I will be seeking your advise from time to time.

Tefflawn - To be blunt, no. The GLORCS series has never been a Canadian only series, and has always involved U.S. tracks as Nolan just stated. I have NO INTENTIONS of excluding our friends in America. As it stands, there will be 2 races out of the proposed 7, in the U.S. Although neither are confirmed, it's Glenwood and Frank Calandra's track, CRC. Furthermore, efforts are going to be made to draw more awareness to the series by way of these two tracks, and hopefully more American racers will begin to make their way up here to participate as well. That's the ultimate goal, and it's going to be AWESOME!!!

imported_Ziggy355 09-29-2010 03:31 PM

Way to go Taylor...kick some *** and set this series straight...you got my support 100%...

imported_BBFBCAP 09-29-2010 04:51 PM

Haha...Thanks Louie. :D

Regarding FTR - I want to point out that FTR made it clear to me, while down there earlier this year, that they were going to be closing down the track, and that the GLORCS race they held this year, would be their last race. Their priorities have changed, and they needed to concentrate on other things. Thanks again for a fun weekend of racing this year FTR. It was a lot of fun!!!

I hope nobody thought I overlooked them, because that isn't the case at all.

Dave_Lyons 09-29-2010 05:22 PM

I was 100% leaving GLORCS for RCP next year as i have to choose one series or the other due to time constraints. now....... hmmmmm....... maybe I will GLORCS next year.

:UP: