RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Offroad RC Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   My Nitro Sport (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=165959)

Tazzerchief17 08-02-2007 05:10 PM

My Nitro Sport

12 Attachment(s)
Hey there everyone. Here are some pics of my nitro sport. It's about 4 years old and I just got it out of mothballs to start running it agian. I like it and would like to do some upgrades on it. Plus showed it the pics are the back wheels. I'm not sure there supossed to look like that, ( pointed inwards that is). I have a hard time keeping it going straight, and am wondering if that could be the problem. Can anyone give me some suggestions, and of course feedback on the pics.

Thanks.:CAN:

imported_RCcanuck 08-04-2007 07:49 PM

a little toe in is beneficial in the rear but I believe that is a little too much...try adjusting your turnbuckles....Run it until something breaks then upgrade that part

Tazzerchief17 08-04-2007 09:41 PM

Thanks for the reply........How do i adjust those. I fairly new to this.

thanks

imported_RCcanuck 08-10-2007 06:37 AM

you adjust them by turning the toe links.....those steel tube looking things that connect the chassis to the wheel knuckle....they have a nut in the middle of the link that you can turn.....when you turn it watch the wheel it will either add toe in or toe out....you want a little less than what is showing in your pics on the rear.

imported_Frank78 08-10-2007 03:28 PM

Another reason why the steering would be touchy is the front wheels they are cambered in (top of the wheel is leaning in) you want to make them sit flat to start with
To do this it is another tie rod adjustment the bottom of the wheel is held by the lower arm the top with a steel rod with 2 ball links on the end the rod will have a hex in the centre of it you want to turn it the proper direction (left and right sides will be the opposite direction) to make the shaft longer so it pushes the top of the wheel out try to make it sit as flat as possible it will be much more stable for you

Tazzerchief17 08-10-2007 05:59 PM

Thanks for the reply.......I busted the back end and was having trouble finding parts...so I went and bought a Revo 3.3.

imported_RCcanuck 08-10-2007 07:03 PM

ahhh nice choice....how's the break in going???

imported_johndeerekid 08-10-2007 07:56 PM

kool lookin truck:UP: do u got a body for it??? -Wes:D

Tazzerchief17 08-10-2007 08:34 PM

Break in is done.....but when I was tring to tune it..I think it may have gotten to hot (overheated) but still ran and there was not loss in preformance...but it was chattering after WOT, almost like wanting to backfire but didn't. And the Idle was up and down. So I shut it off. Have not ran it since yesterday night. I got it from Pinncale Hobby in Markham. Dave was great. He's going to help me set it up the rest of the way.

Tazzerchief17 08-11-2007 11:49 AM

i just ran it about 40mins ago and reset everything and tuned from there. Everything seems good....no spuddering or eratic idle after WOT. I richened the LSM.