RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Aircraft Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   B.C ruling on use of RC planes (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=205145)

rmsingh 11-01-2013 08:06 AM

B.C ruling on use of RC planes

See here http://www.timescolonist.com/b-c-jud...strip-1.680289

Max 11-01-2013 08:20 AM

Re: B.C ruling on use of RC planes

Too bad! :-(

maybe a "Kelowna Ogopogo ELECTRIC Radio Controllers Association"?

bbbair 11-01-2013 08:42 AM

I look at the BIG picture - the part where it said that the club has been there since 1960.

I believe that the concept of 'Grandfathering' should allow the Club to continue in the
same manner that it has for the last 50+ years... but then again I'm not a Lawyer. ;)

aceplant00 11-01-2013 08:44 AM

Did MAAC not get involved to help them?

f4u 11-01-2013 09:06 AM

Yeah its okay to rip out 1000s of acres of land for farming to build houses . But to fly a model sorry. I like fresh fruit fruit from Ontario.Too many selling their farms and we are left buying from other countries. GOOD THINGS GROW IN ONTARIO. YEAH SHOPPING MALLS AND SUBDIVISIONS

Daren71 11-01-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f4u (Post 1392452)
Yeah its okay to rip out 1000s of acres of land for farming to build houses . But to fly a model sorry. I like fresh fruit fruit from Ontario.Too many selling their farms and we are left buying from other countries. GOOD THINGS GROW IN ONTARIO. YEAH SHOPPING MALLS AND SUBDIVISIONS

I hear ya!! One drive up Mississauga Rd., to see the Brampton sprawl just about makes me sick.

To the OP, I hope maac was involved.

jbach 11-01-2013 09:32 AM

Chicken Chasers?!

Not the first time it's happened here in BC. Revelstoke had it's wings clipped too. Not in my backyard seems to be the flavour of the decade.

f4u 11-01-2013 09:32 AM

You see so many empty malls,. Why cant they re develope these areas instead of tearing out more land. Humans are the worst virus. They destroy more than any diease. One company closed putting 200 people out of work. 80 years they were there. Pouff a subdivision went in and the people complained about the noise.. Grandfather clause dont stand up against TAXES.Munincipalitys look at what the can get money wise and dont care.

ogopogo 11-01-2013 09:52 AM

One of the problems - while the club has been in operation for many, many years, I think that location has not. I believe it was a replacement for the strip up HWy 33 that was in use during my stay in Kelowna. I feel great sympathy for those guys. The beautiful hillsides have all been blown up and all the orchards shredded for housing. I listened to dynamite daily for many months but start one RC engine and the tranquility is being threatened. good grief !:taped:

John M. 11-01-2013 10:01 AM

Some interesting points. The judge interpreted that the full scale strip was there to aid agriculture and hence was permitted. Yet the Supreme Court ruled recently that aviation is solely under federal control. The modellers' lawyer could have argued that model aviation is under federal control in that we are limited in what we can fly .......... The judge goofed, I would appeal.

When we full scale pilots were going to court on this I contacted MAAC and suggested that they might want to get on board with some $ and clarify our rights along with COPA, the full scale organization. They weren't interested.

Maybe the club can move to the full scale field.