RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Aircraft Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Yahoo the Edge flew! (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=48622)

4REDave 07-06-2005 10:25 PM

Yahoo the Edge flew!

Took my (new to me) 27% Edge 540T out to the field. Randy Brown and Kevin Perry had been been there for the better part of the afternoon. Kevin suggested that I put in a few flights in with my CG Sukhoi. I did just that. No issues, regardless, I just could not build up the nerve to maiden the Edge. Randy stepped up to the plate and agreed to take it up for me...........wow, did he do a good job. Put the plane through its paces. Gave me some thoughtful insight and helped set it up. Thanks again Randy. The next time it flies, I hope to be on the sticks..... :wink:

JimMoss 07-06-2005 10:37 PM

Randy Brown ....Helped You?!? .... :lol:

Just kidding ..... couldn't resist!! :wink:

Good here it was successful, .. and I'm sure Randy put it through its paces!!

Randy .... your turn to buy coffee?? :D

Randy Brown 07-07-2005 05:59 AM

Sure Jim.. surprised you havent been down my way already
You should get the wifes permissoin<G> and come down durring the week on your day off..

I like Daves zdz 60 in his edge.. all the flips it took to start it.. I sware I could spell desertaircarft.com and the phone number

:)

hehehe

And Dave go here and order the prop I said
http://www.bissonmufflers.com/en/pro...ch_results.htm

Know tell the wife your coming out on Friday:)

Randy

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimMoss
Randy Brown ....Helped You?!? .... :lol:

Just kidding ..... couldn't resist!! :wink:

Good here it was successful, .. and I'm sure Randy put it through its paces!!

Randy .... your turn to buy coffee?? :D

wingburner 07-07-2005 06:49 AM

Glad it flew well Dave.If I were you I would keep the ZDZ,by the time you spelled desertaircraft.com you'd have to send it back for upgrades :lol: :lol: :lol:

50%300SFlyer 07-07-2005 01:42 PM

Re: Yahoo the Edge flew!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4REDave
Took my (new to me) 27% Edge 540T out to the field. Randy Brown and Kevin Perry had been been there for the better part of the afternoon. Kevin suggested that I put in a few flights in with my CG Sukhoi. I did just that. No issues, regardless, I just could not build up the nerve to maiden the Edge. Randy stepped up to the plate and agreed to take it up for me...........wow, did he do a good job. Put the plane through its paces. Gave me some thoughtful insight and helped set it up. Thanks again Randy. The next time it flies, I hope to be on the sticks..... :wink:

Congrats on the successful maidan flight! :TU: It really is a sense of accomplishment. :rock:

Not sure what prop you are currently running, but you might want to give an MSC a try. :wink: Ask around... Lots of guys are using them with great results! :)

PS...Id keep the ZDZ too. 8)

scaleguy 07-07-2005 03:12 PM

Re: Yahoo the Edge flew!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 50%300SFlyer
PS...Id keep the ZDZ too. 8)

And Remember to pronounce it properly....

Zeee-Dee-Zed! :wink: :lol: :lol:

KevinPerry 07-07-2005 04:52 PM

Friday is good ...looks like roughly 2 1/2 gallons worth of gas kinda day . :oha:

Hmmm ... bring the siphon tube so I can get gas out of the tank on the truck to fly more :wink:

KP

KevinPerry 07-07-2005 04:56 PM

:oha: The shocky will be goin to , to fly low altitude fighter cover over the "black bird alley" ....boogies everywhere ...who's got my 6 ?

KP

Randy Brown 07-07-2005 04:56 PM

Yea it does..Make your DAve you bring that hockey glove again to start it:)

4REDave 07-07-2005 08:47 PM

In laws coming for the weekend :( Don't get me wrong, they're really nice people........after all, they do buy me RC equipment for both Christmas and birthdays :wink: If I do slip away it will be after 6:30. Thanks for the invite.