RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Aircraft Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Canada Post Strike! (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=122974)

Eganwp 05-20-2011 01:40 PM

Canada Post Strike!

Man I'm really bummed out right now... Have several orders currently in transit from China as well as a new bird from Extreme Flight, all of which are going to be warehouse stockpiled when the Canada Post strike hits Tuesday evening... :( I'm holding off on all other orders for awhile now, until the strike is over, as I don't want to risk never receiving my items or having to deal with Canada Post on that.

I really feel bad for all the people who aren't direct deposit paid by their employers, or all those who will have their credit ratings hit by not being able to pay their bills... This is going to be a very interesting next few weeks IMHO, so I can't really complain about any of my RC hobby toys not arriving in comparison. :P

Anyone else got things in transit, soon to enter the black hole of the postal system? lol

kwm 05-20-2011 01:50 PM

Re: Canada Post Strike!

One good thing about this strike, NO JUNK MAIL, seems to be all I get lately. Guess the cost of sitting on your butt all day and misdirecting the mail has gone up.

voyager_663rd 05-20-2011 01:50 PM

Other than bills and junk mail (and like you say, the occasional order), everything I do is online.

I'm not concerned (although I've been waiting 2 weeks now for some nutz and boltz from New Joisy).

vonJaerschky 05-20-2011 02:04 PM

Ironic how a Union of employees who work in a service environment where there are now a plethora of alternate service delivery options available somehow feel that they possess the upper hand. Canada Post - although I like having you around, I don't need you any more!

4wdmt 05-20-2011 02:25 PM

Just had this info verified with our postal lady. Good thing I got the package (heli parts) from China. Too bad I have 1 parcel from US and 2 small items without tracking that is supposed to come in anytime now. Bummer. I really hope they will be able to work things out.

Bdegan 05-20-2011 02:36 PM

I placed an order with ThunderboltRC this morning. Completely forgetting about the strike.
It seems Jeff at Thunderbolt is on it. Just after lunch I got an email notice that my order has already shipped.
It should land at my door Monday or Tuesday morning....Just in time.
If it does get held up, at least it isn't anything I need right away :D

Thunderbolt RC :rock::rock::rock:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Guest 05-20-2011 02:47 PM

I need the postal system, the couriers won't deliver to places that don't have a street address. What do they want? Good thing I'm not callin' the shots, they would all get a pink slip.

The rise is shipping cost and the poor service doesn't warrent any raise IMO.

moo 05-20-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwm (Post 830794)
One good thing about this strike, NO JUNK MAIL, seems to be all I get lately. Guess the cost of sitting on your butt all day and misdirecting the mail has gone up.

simply put:

No unaddressed admail
No flyers
No advertising

on your mailbox

or complain here, YMMV

michel gravelle 05-20-2011 03:59 PM

Hi

This just might just be hearsay , but I heard that , " IF " they do go on strike , it will be very short lived .Our popular government will interven .[

We,ll soon find out , won,t we .

Michel

Eganwp 05-20-2011 04:07 PM

Looks like the government is setting up "outlets" to go pick up cheques & critical medical materials at.

http://www.thepacket.ca/News/2011-05...-plan-update/1