RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Offroad RC Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   thoughts on the nitro rustler (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=151244)

Mr X 07-08-2005 10:56 PM

thoughts on the nitro rustler

i was wondering what people think of the nitro rustler and i wanted to know if its durable and if not what does it need to be durable. im looking to get a stadium truck to beat around and never race. im mainly looking for the burnouts and power slides which can be done with 2wd trucks. and i always wanted to put some sand paddles in the back and have fun in the winter without having to worry of snow getting to the electronics.

PeanutButterJellyTime 07-08-2005 11:37 PM

Don't know about durability, but the Traxxas Jato has lots of power for burnouts, and is a good bashing stadium truck

Mr X 07-08-2005 11:44 PM

its also expencive, i want something cheap to play with because im not too into r/c anymore but i cant completely leave the hobby.

imported_k1e1v1i1n 07-09-2005 12:18 AM

i think u can find them cheep enough on ebay . i have 1 and they r damb fast to a point of hard to controle . super fun for bashing

Mr X 07-09-2005 12:42 AM

so the truck is good? i dont care about performance i care about durability because then i will spend more time playing with it then fixing it. also i want ed to trade my ld3 for and there is none on ebay that are in canada.

imported_Red97 07-10-2005 08:13 AM

i had a nitro rustler, i just sold it.the truck is very durable, but i hate the trx 2.5 there a horible motor, youll spend more time trying to get it to run then you will playing, other than the motor i loved the truck. mabey buy a roller and put a decent motor in it.aluminum shock towers for it would be a good investment.

PeanutButterJellyTime 07-10-2005 09:05 AM

Um, I have a TRX 2.5 in my RC10GT and it took it to 64 km/h. Also, if you have any tuning experience it shouldn't be that hard to tune. If you couldn't start yours I don't know though, mine starts easily.

Mr X 07-10-2005 10:58 AM

i think that my tuning skills got pretty good so it shouldnt be a problem. all i care about it the truck durability, and i could get some aluminum and make my own shock towers because they flat and seem pretty simple.

imported_Red97 07-11-2005 12:29 PM

i just found the motor unreliable.not so much a tuning problem

imported_k1e1v1i1n 07-11-2005 11:52 PM

i'm not having any probs with mine yet . and yes shock towers i have broken 2 rear they could b stronger . i just reinforced the latest 1 i got with some jb weld so its a solid peice now