RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Offroad RC Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   building a track what do u think (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=163089)

imported_00nothing 04-08-2007 05:32 PM

building a track what do u think

going to be building a small track in a friends backyard tell me what u guys think of the layout it will be for running 10th scale electrics on

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/06...hing/track.jpg

the sides and interior of the track will be made from old trees and banked with dirt to avoid any hard crashes

the part that mentions the double will be set up in such a way so that slower vechiles will be able to hit it in such a way that it will act as a double but for faster stuff we can make the triple

any input is greatly appreciated

jatofan69 04-08-2007 05:42 PM

What are you dimentions for width and length?

Looking good, I just hope that your back stretch is at least 30 feet. As of now, it looks like a great Mini track

imported_00nothing 04-08-2007 05:57 PM

30 was the number i had in mind but for the most part its more of a how much my friends wife will allow us to get away with lol, fortunately i dragged his 10 yr old son into rc with me and my son so its an easier sell than if it was for dad

his boy got a df-02 for easter which i ended up building till about 2 am last night so that he would wake up to it

Stampeder21 04-08-2007 06:00 PM

man thats i sweeeeeeeet track, i wish i had the money and space to build one!!

jatofan69 04-08-2007 06:09 PM

That's great that you got to build a kit for the boy! Always fun!

So with 1/10 scale electric, what are you going to run on it?

Are you getting dirt brought in?( if so, i can get you a deal possibly, My uncle works at a gravel pit and they have a 40 foot high clay mound)

I love the backward "S" bend, I bet that would be fun to whip in and out of.

imported_00nothing 04-08-2007 06:22 PM

I was actually a little worried about where the dirt would come from but then realized my friend has this huge pile of bricks on his property my thought is to use the bricks to build all the structural portions of the track such as the jumps and the table top and especially the bank ( I want this bank to be huge and steep nascar style) and then covering it with dirt this should make the amount of dirt we need a lot less and also makes good use of what needs to be disposed of anyways

Not sure what we will do to obtain additional dirt but we live in the boonies I am sure will will be able to come up with something lol

We are going to be running buggies trucks etc.. anything below 10th scale and electric really nothing organized just a run what u brung deal where everyone gets to have fun no competitiveness involved

I will be running my xxx-4 and my son will be driving his (was mine) pede as well as another close firend has a brushless pede to run

imported_00nothing 04-08-2007 06:26 PM

Does anyone have any recommendations for a minimum lane width ???

keeping in mind for the most part a lot of the running on this track will be head to head and prob at most 6 vechiles

mpetre 04-08-2007 08:11 PM

R.O.A.R. specifies minimum lane width of 8'. I know it's just your backyard but I hope this helps.

jatofan69 04-08-2007 08:50 PM

5' sounds like it would fit your need , but then again, I would like to know the dementions of your track.

But I totally agree with the Nascar bank. I think that is where the most work will be focused on creating your track.

imported_offroaders 04-09-2007 06:51 AM

i will help you out man i think it should be like 5-7 feet lanes

at rcdevils track i think we got like 12 foot lanes :OMG: