RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Heli Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Beastx controller, why did I get back into helis? (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=344073)

bensidus197217 05-23-2015 01:28 PM

Beastx controller, why did I get back into helis?

I have a fly barred 550, scale body, FBL head and now a Beast x version 3 FBL controller. The controller comes with an 84 page manual, do they really need to over complicate things to the point where you just want to put the whole works on Craigslist or stuff it into the attic until it's unearthed a thousand years from now. I fly old man style scale not ruptured mosquito 3D flight which makes no sense to me. So my question is what is the simple way can I set the Beast x up to fly very mild, the biggest stress I'll put this thing under will be flying figure eights and flying it as high as thirty feet off the ground. I have low end digital servos Spektrum DS821 at all locations and don't plan on doing anything radical in the form of sudden movement and fly two battery packs a day, three days a week at the most. I just want the helicopter to work that's all.

Wizzard 05-23-2015 02:07 PM

Re: Beastx controller, why did I get back into helis?

Try watching these videos, they take you thru setup set by step and very easy to follow. I downloaded all of them to my laptop and then sat down and watched each one as I went thru the steps.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...t-pEaSWNHr-jot

bensidus197217 05-23-2015 02:16 PM

Thanks Wizzard I'll do that.

bensidus197217 05-24-2015 01:23 PM

Checked out the videos, they are very helpful and when coupled with the manual it really helps my understanding of how the system works. Of course when I started putting it all together I carefully plugged each wire into it's respective socket then turned everything on! What is the flashing red light all about now? That's it the receiver must be to blame, darn Chinese junk! After I double checked my plugs I realized I had them in upside down and humbly plugged them in properly, now I have to wait for my TX to recharge and go back to setting up the Beast X.

HAL9KPCM 05-24-2015 01:37 PM

I totally understand your frustration. I spent two hours trying to figure out why the governor wouldn't work properly with my Futaba CGY750 flybarless controller. I finally found a setting to enable in the SBUS setup and all is well. I also use online setup videos. It makes life so much easier.

bensidus197217 05-24-2015 02:43 PM

For me video is key to my being able to understand things like this better. One thing about helicopters they have to be the most challenging thing when it comes to RC. Here's a video of one of my other RC passions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=FRvIAnFe8H8

FaisalHeli's 06-27-2015 03:38 AM

I used to have the same feeling from the 3gx, or align GP gyro's.
I went to Ikon FBL's and man setting them up is a charm and very easy.
However, the beastX is a very solid and good FBL unit. Never tried it but I know people who use it and love it.

bensidus197217 06-27-2015 07:56 PM

I think I have it figured out, one thing for sure is it does not like vibration. So far it seems quite well behaved and once I got rid of my vibration the heli is much nicer to fly.

FaisalHeli's 06-27-2015 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bensidus197217 (Post 2442369)
I think I have it figured out, one thing for sure is it does not like vibration. So far it seems quite well behaved and once I got rid of my vibration the heli is much nicer to fly.

As long as mechanically you don't have a source of extra vibrations.
If it would help, I learned to eliminate vibrations by taking all blades off. Tying the heli to a bench or I used the aluminum case. Spool it up and go to full throttle and put my hand on the tail boom, inspect movements of the heli. It gives me better judgement if there are vibs and help narrow down the source.

I also used this method to check the tension on the tail, by having the pushrod off the tail servo and once at full throttle I would move it back and forth.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

FaisalHeli's

bensidus197217 06-27-2015 08:11 PM

Good idea using the process of elimination to find your vibration source, I'll have to try that.