RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Scale Aerobatics (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   America's Cup 2016 (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=374842)

Billpilotca 09-24-2015 07:26 PM

America's Cup 2016

Pilots - after discussions in Saranac last weekend, the desire amongst our American colleagues is to expand the America's Challenge Cup for next year and have two contests on both sides of the border.

So Saranac in June 2016 will be the first leg, Jackson in July is most likely to be the second US event. Many of us attend Jackson so that contest is a natural and Mike R has already agreed.

Given Craig's efforts this year I expect that SSM in Aug will be one Canadian event. The challenge for us now is to identify a second Canadian event for the Cup.

Preference is to an event that is accessible to our US friends from Michigan / Ohio / Indiana.

Chuck Rencurrel from the US is keen to get the second Canadian event identified by winter 2016 so we know how this will shake out.

CD's - please give this consideration. Would really prefer a two day event so that it is worth the effort of the US folks to make the trip up.

BMG 09-26-2015 06:16 PM

Re: America's Cup 2016

Rick, ......... Don,.........Well?

We want another RM tour anyway:biggrin:

Billpilotca 09-26-2015 06:49 PM

Chatham would be a great location for our US colleagues. Cam M was telling me about how much he enjoyed the tour of RM when he was last up.

Also hoping that Jim D will give serious consideration as Cayuga would work well also. I would be happy to co-CD or do whatever needed to make that work.

craigk 09-26-2015 09:34 PM

The Can-Am cup did add an additional inspiration for a few of us.
We will need to do a better job promoting this aspect of our contests.

The NOIC will certainly be a part again next year. we had great response from the American Contingent and expect that group to expand considerably next year.

Rick Kroeze 09-27-2015 06:48 AM

Contest wise we can not hold one at the Chatham field thanks to the wind generator they installed.

thegr8david 09-28-2015 11:29 AM

That and the Chatham field will be receiving some renovations this year. The new landlord has asked us to move the field to the back of the property, another 150' - 200' so he can fence in an area for farm animals. So I don't know how much parking area we will have in the future, things are changing. But we still have a field!

garyr1 09-29-2015 09:56 AM

Stetsons will be looking at our 2016 event schedule asap.
September is not a great time, as we have a major Fun Fly early in Sept...

Early to mid-August is still a good slot for us.
Are we too far? Probably, I'm guessing.

Billpilotca 09-29-2015 10:50 AM

Hi Gary - I certainly hate to say no to anyone stepping forward. You folks do a great job and your efforts are appreciated. Truthfully to attract the Michigan, Ohio, Indiana types we were hoping for something in SW Ontario. Something around Hamilton or Stoney Creek would be great. Woodstock would also work but they are happy with their one day event and for folks to come from the US we really need a two day event. I know Paul from Buffalo will come to Woodstock etc but for folks to make the longer hike it really needs to be two days.

Skybolt 09-29-2015 11:05 AM

Hi Bill,

Tell them that would be a chance of a life time to visit Canada's Nation Capital. L.O.L.

Billpilotca 09-29-2015 11:09 AM

Mike - LOL let's not confuse them thinking we are holding the event in Washington.

I hate to discourage Gary and our Stetson friends. Just the distance is a pretty good hike for our NCFR US colleagues. Mind you the SSM contest is also a long hike for many of us. For the Michigan guys it is a straight shot up I-75 so they seem willing to do it from Detroit and Grand Rapids.

Also need a site where some of the US guys can park trailers and motorhomes overnight.