RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Car & Truck discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   stupid 2.5 (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=149088)

imported_Martyh 12-03-2004 06:15 PM

stupid 2.5

guys,, i can`t get this thing to run right,, i spent all day at it and got it to run for 3-4 minutes before it cut out,, it burnt about 1/2 a tank in 3-4 minutes,,, it cut out and wouldn`t start again,,, it was boggy,, and really boggy toward the last minute of the run,, i wanna beat it up with a hammer,,badly,,,,,, please help

c-low74 12-03-2004 07:13 PM

you need to reset your needles to factory specs. at start over again!!
screw your top needle in until it stops (easily,don't over tighten it) then back it out 4 complete turns :) then make sure your mid needle is flush with the inner lip on slide arm :D this should get ya started and once you get it running and get some heat in it you can adjust it :wink: :D

hyper7man 12-03-2004 07:16 PM

hey

Check if your glow plug is good and if it's too lose.

John Bakker 12-03-2004 08:18 PM

Do you want to borrow my hammer :lol:

imported_Striker 12-03-2004 09:24 PM

And then remember that because the gas tank is higher than the carb....if you lean it out on the top part of the tank the bottom part will run too hot and stall.....if you tune it for the bottom half the top half runs too rich...

imported_REVOS5 12-03-2004 09:52 PM

Re: hey

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyper7man
Check if your glow plug is good and if it's too tight or too lose.

it cant be too tight.

imported_Martyh 12-04-2004 08:01 AM

yeah i did the stock settings a billion times,,,no good,, my glow plug is good, nice and orange,, i like the hammer fix,, works every time,,,,, well i screw with it till i can get a os .18,, thery supposed to be marty proof,,,but please don`t stop the tips i still want to get this thing running ,,so i can sell it,,

ayk_driver 12-04-2004 09:40 AM

with that engine u cant really tune it until its got half a tank of fuel... it leans out then... also check for a crack in the tank (knocked my settings way off) or in the lines.....

Guest 12-04-2004 12:04 PM

what about the carb...is in clear and free? (not obstructed etc)

Pipeous 12-04-2004 02:48 PM

yup
1. check tank for leaks. dip it in water, plug one fuel inlet, hold cap and blow, look for bubbles.

2. check fuel lines for leaks.

3. make sure engine has compression.

4. check the nipple on pipe to ensure no leak

5. check carb is sealing. be careful where the fuel line goes into the part where the high speed needle is. they are nown to crack there if tightened down too much. also the seal at block.

6. make sure the engine backplate is sealed too. and the head is tight.

last choice I would rip the carb apart and clean it all out. my buddies heli was driving him nutz. he would fly it, tune it, run great then all of a sudden stall. we finally ripped the carb apart and found vibration had loosened off a thread where the carb is screwed on, and it fell inside and was fluttering in the low needle path.