RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Aircraft Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Guys help me out please... (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=102835)

x-planker 03-27-2010 06:11 PM

Guys help me out please...

Its bin awhile since ive purchased anything of Rcc...what other methods of secure payments do i have other than paypal??

Email money transfer? How do i get setup?
Cod?

How do i get started...

Riddick 03-27-2010 06:21 PM

Re: Guys help me out please...

I use COD with Great hobbies but there is a $7 charge to send the cash back to them. Western Union you could try but Pay Pal is safe and fast and they don't see your credit info.

MarkToo 03-27-2010 06:35 PM

EMT is excellent.

You just need to get set up with internet banking with your institution. Once you've done that, you're good to go.

Quick, simple, cheap, and no discount like PayPal...

bobreib 03-27-2010 06:38 PM

If you bank at any of Canada’s major banks you can transfer money from your account to anyone who has an email address and who has an account at any of the major banks.
Assuming that you already do your banking “on line” there should be information as to how it is done after you log in to your account..
It's a bit like a certified cheque.. you log in to your account and transfer funds to an email address ..
The money is removed from your account to a holding account at the bank
You tell the person that is receiving the money a password ..
The person receiving the money will get an email from your bank telling him that money is available
He then follows the email instructions and provides the password that you gave him
This allows him to deposit the money in his account as his bank.
Neither of you need to give each other any banking details .. all that is needed is that you both bank at a major bank like B of M, CIBC, TDC, B of Nova Scotia etc.. some people bank at credit unions that do not offer this service ..

If anything goes wrong you can cancel the transaction and retrieve the money ..
My bank charges $1.50 for email money transfers ..
It is fast, efficient and risk free .. although once the money is collected you can’t get it back ..

michel gravelle 03-27-2010 06:40 PM

Hi
Gee ........... Thanks , I needed that info also :)

Michel

x-planker 03-27-2010 06:48 PM

I dont do online banking but im going to contact them and get setup...thank you for your help!!

Narly1 03-27-2010 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobreib (Post 697448)
My bank charges $1.50 for email money transfers.

It's worth checking to see if your bank waives the fee for a certain number of EMT transactions/month as part of your service package.

I personally get two....

Narly1

scaleguy 03-27-2010 07:18 PM

Kevin,

Yeah EMT through online banking is the safest IMHO.

If you are with one of the four major banks you shouldn't have a problem.

You do know with PayPal you can use a credit card and you don't have to draw directly from your account. Of course this only works with retailers or online shoppin you can not do cc payment for a regular individual.

I am with RBC and they charge me $3.50 per EMT but still worth it in my opinion for convenience and speed of payment to someone on the other side of the country or just across town!

Riddick 03-27-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x-planker (Post 697453)
I dont do online banking but im going to contact them and get setup...thank you for your help!!

just go to your banks website and sign up and your ready to go, online banking anyway. I use cibc and can do emt's from their site.

Gary Maker 03-28-2010 04:10 PM

I guess I'm still old school. I don't have a Pay Pal account nor do I do EMT's.

I still prefer the old fashioned way of paying for something I have purchased from someone here on RCCanada. My bank allows me to purchase 12 money orders per year for free. (services only of course)!

A Money Order is as good as cash, no waiting to clear, cash at any certified banking institution, and is 99.9999% safe as only the person the money order is made out to can cash it. It does take a few days to get to the person but time is usually not a critical factor for me or the receiver! IF it is somewhat urgent to the person selling the item, I can send it Express Post and it usually arrives in 1 to 2 business days. Sent this method, it is safe, insured and a tracking # provided.

I have logged over 150 transactions here on RCCanada and they have all been pretty much flawless. Other than the Bank I use, NO other banking information is needed or provided.

As I have said, this is only my preferred method of payment and it has always worked for me. Posted as just one other alternative to consider!