RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Aircraft Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Problems shipping from hobby king international warehouse... (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=203284)

tporter416 09-21-2013 07:18 AM

Problems shipping from hobby king international warehouse...

All,

Apparently customs is currently causing issues in HK and hobby king cannot ship out any orders. My order from two weeks ago is still sitting on their dock. I will update this thread when it ships, however since they bill at order placement and not at shipping like most companies, it is advised to not place orders until they can ship again! The most frustrating part, they keep telling me it will ship for sure in 1-2 days...

Thanks,

Tom

csiguy 09-21-2013 08:34 AM

Re: Problems shipping from hobby king international warehouse...

I'm having a similar experience with HK right now. I recently placed an order that included several batteries but noted on the tracking that after the shipment was turned over to Singapore Post, it was "Returned to Sender". I inquired with HK about why it was returned and they said, "We are currently experiencing a custom issue with package containing battery. Your package will return to us since Singapore Post no longer accept packages with battery included. Once we received the bounce back parcel. We will be issuing you a full refund including the shipping cost.". I wonder if they'll remember to reimburse my $34.00 in bonus points I used toward the order as well :rolleyes: Stay tuned....

mikecoul 09-21-2013 09:07 AM

Don't they send batteries via Swiss post?
If they can no longer send lipos we are screwed!:eek:

jbach 09-21-2013 09:29 AM

Been waiting two weeks for them to ship my order too. Paid, Processing it says, still.

tporter416 09-21-2013 10:32 AM

I haven't seen suiss post as an option for a while. Beside apparently it is a customs issue. We maybe at the end of hobby king as a store...

Tom

d_orgera 09-21-2013 11:14 AM

Odd, I just received a box of HK, Turnigy nano-tech LiFePo4 Receiver Packs last Monday. Delivery was via Singapore post. It took a bit longer than usual...I placed the order Aug 26. Normally I receive my orders within two weeks, even as little as eight days sometimes. I did notice my box was roughly torn open then taped up again..haven't experienced that for a while.

Perhaps it's Canada post giving the sending couriers a hard time.

That would really hurt. I certainly don't want to pay LHS prices for similar batteries and other convenient accessories. Anyway, I doubt we'll see the end of HobbyKing anytime soon. They're now a global supplier and Canada is a tiny market by comparison.

Den

tporter416 09-21-2013 11:21 AM

I got a message from them a couple of minutes ago, it is a local problem to HK. I placed my order on sept 11th...

Tom

B.Welwood 09-21-2013 11:46 AM

Been waiting since August 7 for my latest order, includes lipos. Tracking only says that it was accepted into Canada. Must still be in customs....

4*60 09-22-2013 04:16 PM

My order from Sept 12 has not shipped and all I got for a response to my inquiry was " we have notified the warehouse and it will be shipped within 24 hours" "We have ensured this delay won't happen to you ever again".

Now I see this. They actually lie, like every other retail business these days! :)

Update: refund on its way.

Arceenut 09-22-2013 04:30 PM

Tried to buy a couple of batteries from HK. Their only option for shipping to Canada is UPS. Batteries cost $25 bucks, shipping $45. Cancelled the order