RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Wanted - Airplanes (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Looking for Telemaster 40 plans (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=38525)

Turbobeaver 01-31-2004 01:44 PM

Looking for Telemaster 40 plans

Howdy gents!I'm presently looking for plans for the Telemaster 40.I want to build a club trainer plane to help train some younger kids that other hands wouldn't have the opportunity to try out our wonderful hobby.I have flown many trainers over the years but the Telemaster 40 has always been my favorite for training.Just love that lifting stab .One of the best trainers ever designed IMO.
I've trained many people over the years but there is nothing that compares to that look of excitement on a youngsters face when you hand him over the controls of a R/C plane and tell him "it's all yours!"(buddy boxed of course).They just grin from ear to ear!I would have loved to have had the opportunity to "wiggle the sticks" when I was a kid and I haven't fortgot that.I had to wait quite a few years before that actually happened for me.I want to give them that opportunity and hopefully leave a favorable impression upon them about what R/C is all about and that will hopefully have a spin off effect that will have them and there friends coming back for more.I feel that many positives will spring from this experience.From good P/R with the public to a simple smile on a childs face........that's good enough for me! Positive things spring from positive actions!

I hope someone can help me out.Original plans still in reasonable shape or a clone even would suffice.As long as it's still close to the original scale.I aint picky if it's off by a 1/8" or not.As long as it helps me accomplish this goal.
Cheers! :cheers:
Mark

AJCoholic 01-31-2004 08:41 PM

200 Attachment(s)
I believe I still have mine from WAY back in 1986 or 87 when I built it....

Let me have a look, if I still have them you can have them for free...

Turbobeaver 02-01-2004 11:45 PM

That would be very much appreciated Andrew.Thank you very kindly for responding to my post. :wink: :thanks:
Cheers!
Mark :)

AJCoholic 02-03-2004 09:20 PM

200 Attachment(s)
Mark,
I found them!! WOw, a lot of plans to go through... :)

It brought back memories... I bought that Tele 40 kit from Skycraft Hobbies when I was in grade 12, back in the winter of 87/88. I remember the day I got it like it was yesterday... I was out cross country skiing with my school, and when I got home I was pretty sick with a cold. I saw the big box and allmost went insane! I remember starting to build it that night, even though I was feverish and my mom was telling me to get to bed... :)

I flew that plane believe it or not, with an old 1957 vintage K&B Green head Torpedo, that I fitted an OS rc carb to. It wasnt overly powerfull but it flew that Tele just fine for me, I was pretty raw at RC flying at that point.

Ahh, memories... the plans are in great shape. Send me your address and I will mail them out.

acoholic@nt.net

Turbobeaver 02-03-2004 11:11 PM

Hi Andrew.That's cool man! :wink: I sent you a PM with all of the necessary info. :)

Yeah,come to think of it,I use to deal a lot with Skycraft Hobbies back during those same years also.I think I had one of their BIG catalogues at one time to.It was like a bible to me when ever I was building something and needed to know what was available to finish the job.Sure came in real handy. :lol: That and the Tower Hobbies catalogue were my two greatest resources for R/C info.

Thanks again Andrew for your help.Very much appreciated sir! :wink:

Mark

AJCoholic 02-05-2004 11:31 AM

200 Attachment(s)
I never got a PM, just email me your address....

Andrew

PS if I finish the motor this weekend I will ship both together next week.

Turbobeaver 02-06-2004 12:48 PM

Hi Andrew,
You didn't get the PM?Awe crapola! :cry: Yeah I sent it out the exact same day we were last discussing this.Don't know what happened there.I sent you a e-mail regarding the engine about a week and some days ago but I didn't get any response back from you.I don't know when your receiving my messages or not. :? I sent it to your e-mail address at: acoholic@nt.net

I'm going to send you another e-mail again to the same address as above and hope you get it this time.I monitor my messages and the forums I am participating in at least once a day usually here at RCCanada so if there is any problem getting it again,just let me know.I'l l check back in here to this post regularily just to make sure everything is O.K.Sorry fo the technical difficulties dude.
Cheers! :)
Mark

Turbobeaver 02-06-2004 01:10 PM

Andrew,sent you a e-mail through the RCCanada site this time.It's coming from a more reliable e-mail address and ISP connection this time hopefully.Let me know when you get it so I know everything is A.O.K. :wink: Thanks bud!
Mark

AJCoholic 02-06-2004 04:44 PM

200 Attachment(s)
Got your email... sent a reply. :)