RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Combat (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   time to get buisy (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=66654)

canadianice 07-07-2007 10:37 AM

time to get buisy

1 Attachment(s)
Well there is nothing going on here for a while so I thought I would post a pic of my latest reincarnation of the Ta 152 I used parts from the park zone 190 so this one is the right size of fuse wing is still the same much more room for equipment installation and looks right now will maiden it tomorrow.

bookboy22 07-07-2007 08:29 PM

Hey Jeff,

A very nice 152. I've been telling Johnny to build one. He loves the Frank now. Is your wing foam or coro? I had Dan's 152 flying at Otterville. There an amazing design.

'Mighty' Joe

canadianice 07-08-2007 07:43 PM

wing

She's all corro flies very well not as fast as the smaler one but very enjoyable.

Cross Check 07-08-2007 11:31 PM

How's it going Iceman!

Beauty 152. Where do you find all those cool camo schemes?

My Typhoon is 2oz. heavier. Going for Best Scale. I'll wait till the 4th minute of a Round before a tight turning battle. Almost got a string cut on your Hurricane last time. Just needed the CG back a bit... HeHeHe :D

Looking foreward to the next Match.

Mighty Joe,

Check out the amount of washout on the long skinny coro wings. They flex in warmer weather too. The only way I can try to survive is to go negative G...

Sometimes I bring my streamer back... :D

Take care,
Have fun,
Dave'crosscheck'Fallowfield
Maac 6437
Unabashed Combat Team

bookboy22 08-27-2007 11:24 AM

Thanks for the TA-152 short kit Iceman. I plan on building her ASAP as Dan P's TA-152 is really damaged after that midair crash. A foam wing is no match for a coro wing. Can you post some photo's of the 152 former positions. I guess all I need now is the Parkzone 190 cowl, spinner and canopy. Congrats on your 1st at Ajax on Sunday. Great flying!!!!

truman 08-27-2007 04:52 PM

have you givin any thought to a date for the WWI build Canadianice if you have an old piece of plywood or something I would be able to bring a folding table wife doesn't want any cut marks in it :twisted: anyhow let me know I'm in!

canadianice 08-28-2007 08:49 AM

build

I think it will have to be in early October as we have and othe WW2 meet at our field the last weekend in Sept and the 8-9 is Kitchener ya if you have a table bring it we can cover it up.

canadianice 08-28-2007 08:53 AM

formers

joe the firewall is located 3 1/4 inches back for the front the larger of the two formers goes at the leading edge of the wing and the smallest goes at the point were the fluets running back to the tail meets the top of the fuse. If you guys look up and older post I did on the orriginal TA it is the same build as this one only differance is the fuse is slightly smaller as it is the orriginal other wise every thing is the same, I will look it up and bump it to the top of the posts.

truman 08-28-2007 02:57 PM

Re: build

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianice
I think it will have to be in early October as we have and othe WW2 meet at our field the last weekend in Sept and the 8-9 is Kitchener ya if you have a table bring it we can cover it up.

sounds good do you know if there is another event down this way within say an hours drive I would like to go and watch again that was alot of fun. Oh ya another question is Johnnyg mcgiver from the meet?

truman 08-28-2007 03:00 PM

Re: build

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianice

sounds good do you know if there is another event down this way within say an hours drive I would like to go and watch again that was alot of fun. Oh ya another question is Johnnyg mcgiver from the meet?