RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Aircraft Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   New MAAC Announcement (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=52761)

Guest 01-13-2006 07:34 PM

New MAAC Announcement

It is nice to see the MAAC Board and Executive acting with openness and keeping the members informed. Keep up the good work.

http://www.maac.ca/

Dennis

RC_MAN 01-13-2006 09:44 PM

nats

It will be interesting to see where the 2007 NATS will be.

bbbair 01-13-2006 10:21 PM

Re: New MAAC Announcement

Quote:

Originally Posted by Propworn
It is nice to see the MAAC Board and Executive acting with openness and keeping the members informed. Keep up the good work.

Dennis

Dennis;
The link provided was just the MAAC forum, with no direction to the item that I "THINK" that you were refering to... for the record here is the item that I believe you were trying to draw attention too.

NOTICE TO MEMBERS (version Française ci-dessous)

As you are all aware, MAAC is comprised of individual members, all of whom have an interest in model aviation. MAAC has unique connections with the FAI and the ACC and, as a result, no other group or organization in Canada has the ability to provide people with access to international competition or to provide the connections to the aviation industry and others with a like interest in flying model aircraft.

The membership, located throughout Canada, is represented by a Board of Directors, elected in accordance with the By-Laws and subject to the approval of MAAC members through the voting process. The Board makes the necessary decisions to ensure the ongoing viability of MAAC, striving at all times to act in the best interests of our organization. This is a responsibility that the Board takes seriously.

Recently, an application was received for club membership by a group calling itself the "Canadian Aeromodelling Club" (the "CAC"). At the same time, a sanction request for what was called the "Canadian Aeromodelling Championships", to be sponsored by the CAC, was also presented to MAAC. The By-Laws provide that club affiliate membership is subject to acceptance by the Board. After consideration of the request, the Board voted twelve to one in favour of rejecting the application. As a result, club affiliate membership was not granted, and consequently, as CAC did not become a club affiliate member, any claims that it is hosting an event sanctioned by MAAC are false.

The bid for the 2006 Nationals had been approved by the Board subject to reasonable conditions for the accounting of the 2005 Nationals and accountability for the 2006 event. The organizers were given every encouragement to proceed through the proper channels, and the Board was available to discuss the conditions upon request. No such request was made, and the Board was not satisfied that the organizers were committed to following the requirements specified by the Board. Further concerns arose because all the financial information with respect to the 2005 Nationals had not been provided, and to date, the Board continues to seek that information so as to finalize that event. Unfortunately, due to the concerns of the Board, the 2006 Nationals could not be given unconditional approval.

Please be assured that the Board is, at all times, taking prudent steps and precautions to ensure that MAAC can continue to exist for the benefit of its members. Although the resultant decisions may meet with controversy, those decisions nonetheless must be made to minimize any risks to the organization.

If any MAAC member requires further information, please contact the local Zone Director of, if preferred, any member of the Executive. If any MAAC member feels insecure, intimidated or in any way threatened or discouraged from seeking that further information, please contact any member of the Executive. All concerns will be treated confidentially.

Have a safe and happy New Year.
======================

Personally;
I like this notice to the membership, and I support the decisions of the MAAC executive, with regards to the CAC and the 2006 Nationals.

Well done everyone!! :D

(Is the one dissenting ZD paying attention? :oops: )

:roll:

Rammer64 01-13-2006 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbair
Quote:

Dennis

Dennis;
The link provided was just the MAAC forum, with no direction to the item that I "THINK" that you were refering to... for the record here is the item that I believe you were trying to draw attention too.

NOTICE TO MEMBERS (version Française ci-dessous)

As you are all aware, MAAC is comprised of individual members, all of whom have an interest in model aviation. MAAC has unique connections with the FAI and the ACC and, as a result, no other group or organization in Canada has the ability to provide people with access to international competition or to provide the connections to the aviation industry and others with a like interest in flying model aircraft.

The membership, located throughout Canada, is represented by a Board of Directors, elected in accordance with the By-Laws and subject to the approval of MAAC members through the voting process. The Board makes the necessary decisions to ensure the ongoing viability of MAAC, striving at all times to act in the best interests of our organization. This is a responsibility that the Board takes seriously.

Recently, an application was received for club membership by a group calling itself the "Canadian Aeromodelling Club" (the "CAC"). At the same time, a sanction request for what was called the "Canadian Aeromodelling Championships", to be sponsored by the CAC, was also presented to MAAC. The By-Laws provide that club affiliate membership is subject to acceptance by the Board. After consideration of the request, the Board voted twelve to one in favour of rejecting the application. As a result, club affiliate membership was not granted, and consequently, as CAC did not become a club affiliate member, any claims that it is hosting an event sanctioned by MAAC are false.

The bid for the 2006 Nationals had been approved by the Board subject to reasonable conditions for the accounting of the 2005 Nationals and accountability for the 2006 event. The organizers were given every encouragement to proceed through the proper channels, and the Board was available to discuss the conditions upon request. No such request was made, and the Board was not satisfied that the organizers were committed to following the requirements specified by the Board. Further concerns arose because all the financial information with respect to the 2005 Nationals had not been provided, and to date, the Board continues to seek that information so as to finalize that event. Unfortunately, due to the concerns of the Board, the 2006 Nationals could not be given unconditional approval.

Please be assured that the Board is, at all times, taking prudent steps and precautions to ensure that MAAC can continue to exist for the benefit of its members. Although the resultant decisions may meet with controversy, those decisions nonetheless must be made to minimize any risks to the organization.

If any MAAC member requires further information, please contact the local Zone Director of, if preferred, any member of the Executive. If any MAAC member feels insecure, intimidated or in any way threatened or discouraged from seeking that further information, please contact any member of the Executive. All concerns will be treated confidentially.

Have a safe and happy New Year.
======================

Personally;
I like this notice to the membership, and I support the decisions of the MAAC executive, with regards to the CAC and the 2006 Nationals.

(Is the one dissenting ZD paying attention? :oops: )

Yes Bruce. That is what Dennis was referring too. I have to yet to figure out YOUR reasons to highlight only CERTAIN passages...
What was your purpose for that? What are you trying to prove?

planehoss 01-13-2006 11:50 PM

info

I notice that the INFO from maac was created by jason but not signed
does this mean that jason now speaks for maac?

Al

KevinPerry 01-14-2006 01:16 AM

LOL...I still cannot believe how the board turned down the club affiliation for CAC . WHAT AN AWFUL WAY TO PROMOTE MAAC AND THE HOBBY AS A WHOLE. Lets see.....we don't like one person or person's ...so lets just screw everyone around them as well and shut a new club down "just because " to get them back .Sure sounds like school yard bullying to me . :evil:

No real reason ...just personal beefs pushed this one.

Everyone can agree on this ...places to fly are VERY tuff to come by. The CAC has a place to fly and members .

:evil: :evil: :evil:
KP

Hughes500E 01-14-2006 01:55 AM

Buddy, do you honestly have all the facts to back that up?
Geeesh

KevinPerry 01-14-2006 05:10 AM

No smoke and mirrors, or spin doctoring ....just calling it the way I see it from my point of view .

No mystery facts...A completely legit club that had approval was then unapproved because of personal beefs.

sad

KP

50%300SFlyer 01-14-2006 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbair
Personally;

I could not agree more! A round of applause for the MAAC Executive and 12 of 13 Zone Directors, for properly dealing with the facts surrounding these issues! :TU:

Randy Brown 01-14-2006 07:54 AM

Informed?? since when.. sure didnt keep us informed over the Insurance when it was written wrong did they

RB

Quote:

Dennis