RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   30cc pilot yak repair (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=208004)

FLYINCHASE 01-10-2014 06:47 PM

30cc pilot yak repair

14 Attachment(s)
Hey guys. I know theres a few on here already, but I feel that people need to know how good Pilot RC looks after their customers.........I got a deal on a broken 30cc yak...(dam rcc). Then with a few e mails to them and some pic's of the damage, the new parts are in the mail just for the cost of shipping.........Thanks for the help MR.T. This will be my son (Chase),my dad and I's winter project. Here are some before pics that we sent to Pilot.

Thanks
Mike

FLYINCHASE 01-10-2014 06:51 PM

Re: 30cc pilot yak repair

8 Attachment(s)
Man so many parts......Just had to fig out how to put them together...They fit so well its crazy

Thanks
Mike

bradleyban 01-10-2014 07:55 PM

Nice Mike!! You gonna have a blast with that rebuild

Subn' in!

FLYINCHASE 01-10-2014 10:02 PM

Lol thanks Brad. Its pretty neat how it all goes together. What a great deal they have. Ill have to get your input.....

Thanks
mike

TBrum 01-10-2014 10:18 PM

Right on Mike!! Will be following along!

It's a whicked service that Tony provides!! Excited to see this come together.

T

Trumpetman 01-11-2014 01:30 AM

That is an excellent deal that Pilot offers! With the incredible complexity of the laser cut parts and how they fit, it would be very difficult to do a tidy, lightweight repair using hand cut parts. Looking forward to seeing this thing come back together. Did the wings survive the impact?

FLYINCHASE 01-11-2014 08:42 AM

Yeah it is a great thing Tony is doing. Thanks for the help Trev. And yes the wings and every thing else is fine. It broke the motor box and pulled the gear out. It definitely would have been harder to make the parts to patch it up.

Thanks
mike

FLYINCHASE 01-11-2014 08:27 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Well after some playing around and figuring out how it all fits......and how great it fits. Really sits there with no glue at all. lol and the curved sides with wing pockets fit all so good. There is also a few up dates. the rudder servo poss has changed. here's Chase with the old removed front of the fuse:eek:

Thanks
Mike

FLYINCHASE 01-12-2014 06:18 PM

6 Attachment(s)
So it rained and snowed all weekend long........made some good time on the repair......Fuse is now one again. Wing pockets fit very nice!!!
:rock::rock::rock::rock:

Thanks
Mike

TBrum 01-12-2014 06:28 PM

WOW!! Can't get much better than that!! And fast!!!

Congrats!

Any tips or tricks Mike???