RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Scale Aerobatics (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   2016 Contest Schedule (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=379810)

Billpilotca 10-15-2015 02:44 PM

2016 Contest Schedule

CD's and potential CD's - please note the article on the NCFR Regional tab on the IMAC web site. Ron (our RD) has asked that all CD's please input proposed dates for 2016 contests on the North Central schedule. Even if they are not cast in stone he wants to get them up on the schedule so we can see how this is evolving for next year.

All contests need to be approved by the RD as we (Ontario) are part of NCFR and under the IMAC umbrella. This is not an onerous deal, but you should be aware that priority is given to those CD's with established contests who are proposing to hold their contests on similar dates to the previous year i.e. first weekend in June, third weekend in July etc etc.

If I use NOIC as an example, it has been held on the August long weekend for the past number of years. As such the NOIC would have priority for the August long weekend in 2016 as long as the CD confirms this by a certain date - yet to be determined .

Ron wants to establish a cut off date, after which if the existing CD has not confirmed their contest then the contest will be treated as "new" and will have to be reviewed along with other "new" contest proposals. I do not know what the cutoff date will be, maybe Jan 1 or Feb 1, Ron will communicate that. What he is trying to avoid is CD's waiting until March or April and then there is an argument over who is going to have a contest on a certain date if multiple contests are proposed.

Note - the RD can elect to approve multiple contests on the same weekend as long as there is a significant geographic separation. So if Ottawa and Chicago wanted to have contests on the same weekend, that is likely to get approved because they are 15 driving hours apart. However Jackson and Woodstock would not likely get approved on the same weekend because there are likely pilots who could want to attend both.

Also no contests are typically scheduled the same weekends before and after the US Nats. It has happened in the past that a US contest was scheduled at the same time as the Canadian Nats because the pilot groups were typically different.

Any questions, please let me know. I have asked Ron for any other criteria but I think it is really just a matter of getting a tentative schedule hammered out as soon as we can this winter.

LEE 10-15-2015 02:54 PM

Re: 2016 Contest Schedule

Wow such organization! I think Craig has already booked the NOIC for next year with MAAC!

LEE 10-15-2015 02:54 PM

And it's in the Sault:Happy_Dance:

garyr1 10-15-2015 04:02 PM

Quick question: Do other MAAC regions have event coordination meetings like Ottawa Valley? We have one in November/early December to ensure minimal duplication of events in our area.
Before I can submit a firm date to IMAC, I need to get it past the MAAC region meeting...and this region has something on nearly every weekend. It gets complicated!

Billpilotca 10-15-2015 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEE (Post 2585514)
Wow such organization!

I have had discussions in the the past with Ron about what I perceived as lack of understanding of these approval processes. My conclusion was that the expectations of RD approval have always existed, however in the past these mechanisms were perhaps poorly communicated or not widely understood.

In that we operate under the IMAC umbrella and rules, including the Regional structure, we need to work with these folks to make this as smooth a process as possible.

At the end of the day, all the RD is really doing is trying to ensure that there are no conflicts between contest scheduling. I am just trying to improve communication and help CD's get their contests on the books.

Given that NOIC has been on the August long weekend previously then it is really a rubber stamp job for Ron. The NOIC has additional importance now because of the America's Cup.

Billpilotca 10-15-2015 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garyr1 (Post 2585666)
Quick question: Do other MAAC regions have event coordination meetings like Ottawa Valley? We have one in November/early December to ensure minimal duplication of events in our area.
Before I can submit a firm date to IMAC, I need to get it past the MAAC region meeting...and this region has something on nearly every weekend. It gets complicated!

Gary - I cannot respond to the question except to say I am not aware of any such event coordination in the Middle Zone. From Ron's perspective, essentially you have priority to schedule the Stetson event on a middle August weekend such as you did this year, if in fact that is workable for the club and the zone. All Ron is asking is for CD's to put up their tentative dates subject to further approval by clubs, executives etc.

Existing CDs are considered first in line to book their dates. So this is true for Woodstock (June), Hamilton (July), NOIC (Aug), Stetson (Aug) etc. If you want to consider other dates then we have to look at the whole schedule to see what works on both sides of the border.

garyr1 10-15-2015 06:08 PM

Thanks Bill. Done and done. I just registered the event for the suggested weekend of August 20/21.
It's tentative at this time. Let's assume it will work out just fine.

Billpilotca 10-15-2015 06:11 PM

Great Gary - thanks for that. If there are problems we will deal with them.

We just want to get an early preview of what next year might look like.

craigk 10-15-2015 08:13 PM

Done,
A bit premature :itsok_170:

Billpilotca 10-16-2015 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEE (Post 2585514)
Wow such organization! I think Craig has already booked the NOIC for next year with MAAC!

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigk (Post 2586162)
Done,
A bit premature :itsok_170:

Seemed like you were already on it. Anyway, thanks for doing it.