RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Events (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Toledo still great! (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=74171)

LEE 04-07-2008 08:10 AM

Toledo still great!

Well the boys from the GWN (Great White North) made it back without hitting any deer in Michigan (and they were everywhere :shock: ).
Kent Fabbro, Craig Knight and I had a terrific three days shopping, meeting old and new friends and chatting up the hotties in the various booths! :wink:
Attendance was about what I saw the last two years but some major players seemed to be missing (3W -Cactus Aviation) ,Dalton etc.
However there were some new ones (some company making power sources) Gear legs, and others I can't remember.
Futaba shirts were everywhere (I heard they were selling these, but I thought they were only reps) and JR was mixed in with Horizon hobbies and they had a massive booth too.
I bought a few new toys, but I'll post pics later :wink:

Static display seems to be getting smaller especially giant scale stuff. Guess gas prices and the logistics of bringing them was a factor. Wish my new one was ready...probably would have won something :twisted:

All in all still the grandaddy of all shows, great deals, wonderful weather, great food, cheap beer and hot girls...what more can one ask!

Lee :wink:

TAK 3D 04-07-2008 08:23 AM

Toledo Show

Yeah, hadn't been there in four years so I was blown away by all the large scale gas stuff on sale. Took advantage of the great deal they had at the DA booth for the 85.

whatuwant 04-07-2008 09:27 AM

I found some of the prices high or no deals at all on a few things, l went there looking for the os55 and found out it was the same price that hobby hobby sells if for regularly. did pick up a few things but even standard servo's were no deals.
great show though, spent two days there.

LEE 04-07-2008 11:29 AM

toledo still great

There are some terrific deals, but you also have to know your prices. Ut Caveat Emptor!

Lee

ronnieo 04-07-2008 11:49 AM

Fuel was $11.50 for Wildcat 10% and as high as $17.50 for 25% and I seen one new gallon someone thru in the trash, but covered in ice cream...I passed :roll:
Servo leads and Y harnesses....3 for $10...tons of them
Charger leads that have 7 ends coming out for charging all different batts...two fer $5
Lotsa cheap Li-polys and new co's
2 oz CA... most were $5 a bottle
Epoxy...most were $6 a set
Lotsa show specials reduced about 25%

Great show as always

BillO 04-07-2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Charger leads that have 7 ends coming out for charging all different batts...two fer $5
I was looking for charger leads, but with so much to see, I couldn't see that particular tree in the forest. :wink:
Who had them? (maybe look at the show's website and come back with seller name or at least the booth number???)

Thanks.

scaleguy 04-07-2008 12:33 PM

Re: Toledo Show

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAK 3D
Yeah, hadn't been there in four years so I was blown away by all the large scale gas stuff on sale. Took advantage of the great deal they had at the DA booth for the 85.

What did you pay?

Gary Maker 04-07-2008 05:20 PM

Well, I was determined to get my Balsa USA Neiuport 17 this year so at 8:45 Friday morning, I was at their booth and was their first customer of the show. I got the kit and all the accessories for a considerable amount less than if I ordered it and had it shipped.

I picked up some small but very neat goodies. Aeroworks had servo connector clips at $4 per package. These are the neatest way I have ever seen of locking the servo/lead connectors together to assure they will NEVER come apart.

Fuel was indeed a great buy. Got a case (4 jugs ) of 15% four stroke fuel for $48 - only $12 per jug. Also got some of the usual Toledo items like CA glue, utility brushes and SeeTemp template material.

And one other great deal was on board digital voltmeters at only $20 ea. About 4 years ago I purchased 3 from i4C products ( Now out of business ) for $34.50 each, so this was a very good deal.

Had a fabulous time and met a few of the guys here on RCC for the first time. Well my 18th show in a row was just as exciting as my first. And I will definitely, God willing, be there again next year.

Bryan Mailloux 04-07-2008 06:41 PM

toledo

A great experience as well. The three days at the show were very impressive. Almost emptied my wallet dozens of times but had to restrain myself.
Caught up with dozens of pilots and friends from around the area and even some new ones. The planning of several events are coming along from various organizers from past events I have attended to many new ones that are a must go to. The etoc experience was well worth sticking around the extra evening to take in the very accomplished pilots, do things I can only dream of. Watching the pilots fly there freestyle rounds have got the creative juices flowing.

jamesbissonjr 04-07-2008 10:03 PM

Re: Toledo still great!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEE
Kent Fabbro, Craig Knight and I had a terrific three days shopping, meeting old and new friends and chatting up the hotties in the various booths! :wink:
Lee :wink:

Awww shux Lee, I know we all went out to dinner and all and then drinks back in your room but come on now!!! :wink:

Great show as always. It's slowed down over some years but this year picked up a little from last year. Always good to see familiar faces and talk about flying season around the corner. Looking forward to seeing all you bums AT the fields next. Toodles for now