RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Car & Truck discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   A-main (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=185632)

Guest 01-20-2012 05:48 PM

A-main

Unfortunately due to my work, I am limited to weather permitting racing in the winter, as I clean and de-icy private commercial properties. But what is this all about....Universal Raceway is the best race facility in Ontario (maybe in Canada), and lots of people are choosing not to show support, this is sad, I guess with all this little tracks around..people chose to make it to that little track, so they can brag they made the A-main (the only main), what happen to all of those people from around the GTA that we're regulars at Fastcats? I know I will be supporting Universal Raceway any time i am not working, they went the extra mile to give us such a great facility, the least we can do is show support.
done with my rant.

S.Bortolotti 01-20-2012 06:05 PM

+1...last night's turnout was pretty scary, but then again a number of people are at crcrc, and the weather may have scared a few people away last night...

Been there once a week (at least) since they opened, and will continue to support all the weeknight club racing, and the trophy races :UP: Nothing against any of the other tracks around the GTA, Universal is just so close and convenient!

imported_yak54 01-20-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Import (Post 284608)
Unfortunately due to my work, I am limited to weather permitting racing in the winter, as I clean and de-icy private commercial properties. But what is this all about....Universal Raceway is the best race facility in Ontario (maybe in Canada), and lots of people are choosing not to show support, this is sad, I guess with all this little tracks around..people chose to make it to that little track, so they can brag they made the A-main (the only main), what happen to all of those people from around the GTA that we're regulars at Fastcats? I know I will be supporting Universal Raceway any time i am not working, they went the extra mile to give us such a great facility, the least we can do is show support.
done with my rant.

i guess there scared of the competition?

spiffysteve 01-20-2012 08:05 PM

I plan on picking up a 2wd in the next couple of weeks(haven't done any off-road racing before). I went to check out the track yesterday, it's a real high quality track, with tons of parts, and friendly people.

I think this track will do well :UP:

Jay Cristiano 01-20-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yak54 (Post 284611)
i guess there scared of the competition?

Im pretty sure you guys are scared tony, of all those big guns down at crcrc. :TOPIC:

Malocchio 01-20-2012 08:59 PM

every time a new facility to race at opens up, everyone jumps ship and proclaims it to be the cats ***. i realize everyone wants to have top notch places to run, but there is more than one indoor place to run at, and if spreading the wealth isnt in the cards, what happens to the other tracks available?

just a thought id throw out there.

johnnyboy 01-20-2012 09:12 PM

I tried supporting them on Thursday....they didn't want to try and support me though (well Louie did try). I was told by the sales staff that they were "too busy" to find the spare part they had in the back that I needed so I could run (I only got half a lap in when my gear diff gave out) so I left. Made it to Hot Rod's in time to race though (they were kind enough to find me the part). That being said, I'll see you you guys at the trophy race still :P

Guest 01-20-2012 09:32 PM

it was very lame on there part not to help you....not good, (back to the same old...I guess)

imported_kyle 01-20-2012 10:06 PM

that as well may be keeping some folks away store service is horrible,I called for a part and the guy on the phone said they had it then I called back when I planned to drive the hour to get it they said no the very same day with a guesstimate price as well:GRIN:,I learned this lesson from another bad mojo trip there in the summer.track may be great but I refuse to support a store that doesnt support racers.store has to support track....period or peeps wont wanna run there,sour grapes man sorry,same old is so true

Michael_Lambert 01-20-2012 10:13 PM

i enjoyed racing the holiday classic at the track.. I also enjoy running the club races at Northern RC. Fact is i will gladly support anyone who is willing to support us as racers by providing us with a place to run.. Be it a large facility like Universal or a Small track like Northern.

Unfortunately just because one facility opens up after another it does not mean we should jump ship from one who first took the chance for the other.

I think its best to support who you can.. when you can and share the wealth!