RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Multi Rotor Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=174)
-   -   Drone Owners Will Now Have to Register With the US Government (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=380138)

cloudniner 10-16-2015 09:44 PM

It's Starting

Here we go.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/departme...n-requirement/

DJB 10-16-2015 10:16 PM

Drone Owners Will Now Have to Register With the US Government

http://gizmodo.com/report-drone-owne...the-1737038255

bcsaltchucker 10-17-2015 12:43 AM

Re: It's Starting

so they won't register guns which kills tens of thousands a year in the US. But they will register 'drones' which have never killed or really even injured a person ever.

mjohnson 10-17-2015 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcsaltchucker (Post 2587770)
so they won't register guns which kills tens of thousands a year in the US. But they will register 'drones' which have never killed or really even injured a person ever.

Hit the nail on the head with that one Scott.

Welcome to George Orwell's 1984....it only took 31 years longer.

Pardon me...will you pour me another shot of Victory Gin?

(Insert favourite deity's name here) PLEASE HELP US ALL.

jsparky 10-17-2015 05:18 AM

Re: Drone Owners Will Now Have to Register With the US Government

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJB (Post 2587682)

I think it is a move in the right direction.. We as modelers belong to MAAC as well as a club.. some like myself belong to 2 or more clubs.. We are registered with maac and our clubs... we follow rules .. we fly in sanctioned and dedicated airspace.. We respect the airspace of others and we are accountable to the others in our clubs.. And we also stay in " line of sight "

These people who fly these drones looking to get that video that will go viral are non of the above.. and if the government has to step in and regulate them, then that is there own doing..

william storzuk 10-17-2015 06:04 AM

It's about time the government steps in and regulates them. Good news!

chuebner 10-17-2015 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcsaltchucker (Post 2587770)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjohnson (Post 2587778)
Hit the nail on the head with that one Scott.

Welcome to George Orwell's 1984....it only took 31 years longer.

Pardon me...will you pour me another shot of Victory Gin?

(Insert favourite deity's name here) PLEASE HELP US ALL.

Guns are registered when they are purchased legally.

buffythesaint 10-17-2015 08:15 AM

What a joke! All RC aircraft are drones but we never call them that. Outsiders call them drones. FAA stated that there will be 1 million drones under the tree this Christmas, now this drone register idea comes out. I can't see this happening, never in two months. More fear mongering. No drone(multi rotor) has killed anyone or brought down a plane.

HAL9KPCM 10-17-2015 08:46 AM

Like anything else, the laws are created to control the irresponsible.

jsparky 10-17-2015 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buffythesaint (Post 2587978)
What a joke! All RC aircraft are drones but we never call them that. Outsiders call them drones. FAA stated that there will be 1 million drones under the tree this Christmas, now this drone register idea comes out. I can't see this happening, never in two months. More fear mongering. No drone(multi rotor) has killed anyone or brought down a plane.

The word " drone " generally refers to that which takes vertical flight using 3 or more rotors..

And do we have to wait until one kills someone to take action..

MAAC has already taken action by setting safety standards for clubs to prevent this sort of thing.. Who is setting the safety standards for these " multirotor operators.." not them that would seem apparent ..

Kind of like closing the gate after your dog gets out and bites someone..

Lets say you get on a plane to go on that long awaited vacation.. and an unregulated multi rotor flies into one of the engines.. and cause the plane to return to the airport for repairs.. and your vacation gets delayed or cancelled..

What are you going to say about that operator... " he is a nice guy and you are understanding of why he or she did that to you """ :itsok_170: