RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Electronics (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   FrSky Horus Tx first production run being delivered (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=449177)

michaely 08-26-2016 10:01 PM

FrSky Horus Tx first production run being delivered

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2727927

Post thread started by Wayne Miller, principal of Aloft Hobbies (California), prime retailer of FrSky stuff in North America.

Wayne says first production run of the Horus is being delivered to Aloft Hobbies next week but the delivery will not be able to meet waiting list demand (which was the same with the first units of the Taranis).......Aloft's website has the Horus price as "starting at $550" (pix shows a tx case so that may be included but probably not any rx)

Based on experience with the Taranis it will likely be several months before Cdn. outlets Great Hobbies or Canadian Drones has the Horus.

deaconFlyer 08-27-2016 06:52 AM

Re: FrSky Horus Tx first production run being delivered

Thanks for the post. I thought it would be Christmas before we saw any of them, and that next winter's snow would be well into melting before we could get our hands on one.

It has been interesting also to track the development of OpenTX 2.2. The GPL / Open community has been quite active. That launch should be very significant.

I must admit that I delayed purchasing another transmitter this year, waiting for Horus to show it's head. I did see some of the input from beta-testers make its way through some of the forums and am looking forward to seeing what arises in the end.

stegl 08-27-2016 05:28 PM

wonder how long it will take to get FCC and IC approved ?

davidmc36 08-28-2016 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stegl (Post 2990921)
wonder how long it will take to get FCC and IC approved ?

Really???????? You think Aloft is importing to US and distributing without FCC???????

What are you guys smoking on the left coast these days?

4*60 08-28-2016 03:24 AM

.................................................. :)

MRK 08-28-2016 06:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This picture posted here shows the FCC ID number but there is no Industry Canada (IC) Certification Number.

Too bad this and all of the FrSky transmitting devices are not legal to use in Canada.

MAAC Annual Committee Report - Radio Spectrum - 2013
Canadian law requires that all commercially available radio control systems used in Canada on the license-free bands must be approved by Industry Canada (IC).

And for the record I do own and use a JR compatible FrSky 2.4 GHz module in my 9303.

stegl 08-28-2016 07:09 AM

Thanks MRK for the positive reply. Some people just get bent out of shape with negative replies when just a simple strait forward question is asked . Was considering on purchasing for my kid but will not if not IC approved. Will wait and see. Thanks

deaconFlyer 08-28-2016 08:29 AM

Why is this always a monster yelling session ... on the forums, at meetings, at the field?

Almost all of the "Low Power Modular Wireless Transmitter" units we see have been approved. They can then be incorporated into any device. Have you ever wondered why the actual parts handling the transmission are usually on a separate board inside the transmitter?

There are all sorts of approval types ... including "Family" approvals which allows for modifications of the circuit boards and even chips ... but the actual transmitting/interference unit's specs remain the same.

The sticker on the outside is nice, but does not approve the entire radio (or cell phone, or computer, or mouse, or ...) only the transmitting module ... consider the vast number of routers out on the market which contain very few actual chipsets and transmitting modules ... is the router approved? No. Is the transmitting chipset and module? Yes. What is the sticker and numbers really signifying? The unit ... not exactly ... just that somewhere along the line the transmitting module stuffed way inside has approval.

And now back to my regular life.

Max 08-28-2016 12:18 PM

I'm always impressed at how RC TX technology keeps improving. Horus is a pretty sexy looking TX.

I'm sure we'll be seeing some at the fields in the near future

davidmc36 08-31-2016 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max (Post 2991681)
I'm sure we'll be seeing some at the fields in the near future

"Thank you for your order from Aloft Hobbies.

Once your package ships we will send an email with a link to track your order. Your order summary is below. Thank you again for your business."