RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Fixed Wing (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   HELP! Dual Aileron Set up with Hitec mini 6S (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=90160)

LMAC_BLACK 06-23-2009 02:22 AM

HELP! Dual Aileron Set up with Hitec mini 6S

Can anyone help me set up my dual ailerons?

I just purchased a Hitec mini 6S RX. I have also just put together my first plane with dual aileron servos that this RX is going to be put in to. Now from what I have read they (ther aileron servos) should be connected to channels 1 and 6. My problem is that the RX has channels 1 to 5 and a Batt/Chge. So what channel do I plug the servos in to? Also, do I set up the flaperon option on my TX to get them to work properly?

Thanks for the help...

Wayne V 06-23-2009 06:15 AM

Re: HELP! Dual Aileron Set up with Hitec mini 6S

Based on your previous post i hope that is not the RX you are using in your pulse .40, the mini 6S is only a single conversion RX and is for smaller planes, i would go for the Electron 6 if you want to keep that plane.
Since you never replied to my last reply reguarding the Pulse .40 i still don't know if you are a LMAC member, if you are don at the club has an electron 6 for sale for $20 that i told him i would buy, but if you would like it i will let you have first dibs on it. I'm planning on going out to the field either wednesday ot thursday after work, i can show you how to set up the duel servos if your going to be at the field.

LMAC_BLACK 06-23-2009 06:24 AM

Ya I replied to his post on the site but then saw that someone else (you i guess) already offered to buy it. So I went to AVF yesterday and the guy there told me that the Mini 6S would work fine in my Pulse. I guess that I'll try and return it and grab the other RX from Don. Thanks!

LMAC_BLACK 06-23-2009 06:25 AM

And yes I will be at the field Wed night....still with the NexStar...

Wayne V 06-23-2009 06:52 AM

OK, i'll let don know that you can have it, take your mini 6S back to AVF and get a dual conversion crystal on your channel for the electron 6. You can't go wrong with the electon 6, i have 4 of them and have never had a problem with them. I'll try to make it out on wednesday, if you have your gear by then i can show you how to set it up, also what radio do you have for the pulse ?.

LMAC_BLACK 06-23-2009 06:55 AM

Ok Thanks....I picked up a used Futaba T6XAS..

Wayne V 06-23-2009 07:51 AM

OK, i might see you wednesday night, here's the manual for that radio in case you don't have it, there's very detailed instructions on how to set up the dual ailerions.

http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/6xas-hs-manual.pdf

kip51035 06-24-2009 07:45 AM

It is apparent that the social idiots are not interested in your problem, one solution is use a "Y" cord. That is plug both servos into the same channel.

Kip

LMAC_BLACK 06-24-2009 08:52 AM

Is there any advantage to using a better RX over a "Y" cord?

Wayne V 06-24-2009 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMAC_BLACK (Post 618971)
Is there any advantage to using a better RX over a "Y" cord?

Well the mini 6S really isn't a good RX for a .40 sized plane, using the electron 6 would be much better, i will be at the field tonight ( wednesday ) so i can show you how to set up the dual servo's, not sure if you got your dual conversion crystal yet but if you have i will bring my spare Electron 6 and some servo's and show you how to do it.

KIP, what's up with the " social idiots " post ? I guess me going out the the field to show him how to setup his ailerions qualifies me as a "social idiot".