RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - engine dies every landing
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 08:59 AM   #29
RAMJET
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: ....Roger ..........
Radio of choice:
Spektrum IX 20 & DX 18 stealth
# of RCs: 100

Total Props: 237
Re: engine dies every landing

Rome I know I mentioned this before but are you sure the throttle linkage or motor mount is not flexing on landing causing the throttle to close more when the plane bumps the ground . won't not take much movement on the throttle plate when the carb is at idle to kill the engine . Hard to believe it's a carb problem when it runs fine in the air.

A easy check to see if a carb is flooding . open the throttle and choke and rock the prop back and forth against compression (NOT through compression), the base compression will drive the pump in the carb forcing fuel to the needle and seat ,seeing as the engine is not asking for fuel the fuel pressure regulator will not move and should prevent any fuel from entering the carb . if fuel starts to drip from the carb the needle and seat is leaking .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rome View Post
I'm running 20-8 right now, i'm going down to 18-10 or 18-8. i love the 20-8 on it cause as soon as you cut the throttle you can see the plane slow down right away.
Like i said so far i did not have to deal with a dead stick landing on this plane. What puzzles me; in the air i chop the power on stall turns even with extended nose down attitude on idle and it does not die, i even tried a short finale and a very long idle to prevent from loading, but the moment it touch down and on the roll out, the engine stalls.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.