RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - NEW FAA regs forcing registration.
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 09:00 PM   #146
Trumpetman
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Gordon W
Radio of choice:
JR28x, JRXG11
# of RCs: 15+

Total Props: 126
Re: NEW FAA regs forcing registration.

Here is the actual message to the clubs from the AMA:

"My Dear Clubs in and around the DC SFRA,
Let me first say Merry Christmas to one and all and I hope Santa was good to you.
The FAA has requested we stop operations at our AMA fields that are inside the DC Special Flight Rules Area for the DC area called the DC SFRA. The letter attached is from Ray Stinchcomb our District IV Government Relations Coordinator with an explanation of the action by the FAA.
You will not need to close the field, only cease operations temporarily, no flying of anything, until mid-January when we expect to get permission to continue operations for all fields.
By the FAA’s count there are 36 flying sites within the DC SFRA. AMA can account for 14 of those. Please pass the word to the Drone User Groups that they need to stop operations too. The FAA did indicate they were going to use law enforcement to enforce this.
One of our AVPs, Rick Moreland, will be contacting you offering to help find fields for our members to use in the interim. I have CC all of your addresses and I hope you will contact each other and work together to help each other and make this as painless as possible. Sorry folks, but we have to comply with the FAA.
Effective as soon as you can please post this suggested sign at your flying site.
THIS IS A NO FLY ZONE
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE THE FAA HAS REQUESTED THAT ALL FLYING OPERATIONS BE DISCONTINUED.
THIS IS A NO FLY ZONE
PLEASE CONTACT ???? Club Officer ???? FOR FURTHER INFORMATION

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.