RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Holy Crap Check Out This MAAC Insurance Bombshell
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 07:24 AM   #6
Ken Currell

I am: Ken Currell
Radio of choice:
Multiplex Royal Evo
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 0
Re: Holy Crap Check Out This MAAC Insurance Bombshell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don M. View Post
I've been a MAAC member since 1986 and I NEVER was under the impression that I was covered anywhere OUTSIDE of a MAAC sanction field. I have some small parkflyers and a huge field right next to my house. I still travel 100 km. round trip to fly because I know that is the ONLY place I'm covered.

This is no "bombshell" to me - just a clarification of an old rule. Check your home owners policy you MAY be covered under that.
I agree with Don.

All you need to do is get a small enough group together to form a club. If they live within a drivable distance then the club could have a MAAC field at each location. It's no big deal to put up a bit of safety fencing.

The exemption rule is preceeded by the words "IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO COMPLY". Don't even think about applying for an exemption if it is at all possible for you to put up the proper fencing. Even if your zone director approves it as a favor you aren't likely insured at all. The insurance investigator would likely not allow the claim.

You can't fly in a park in my area unless you apply for a permit which would then require you to get a MAAC sanction to fly there.

There are 2 sanctioned float fly sites within driving distance from me and 6 sanctioned flying fields too.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.