RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Blade 180cfx
Thread: Blade 180cfx
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 06:26 AM   #25
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232
Re: Blade 180cfx

One of the best benefits of a small micro heli is its durability provided you fly it over tall grass.
What I loved about flying the 130 was how carefree it becomes when flying over tall grass. You can practice a maneuver and if anything went wrong, hit the throttle-hold and let if flop down into the tall grass. You dont even have to worry about orientation or aurorotation. Just hit the throttle hold and let it fall, regardless of its attitude. Result: NO DAMAGE.Just pick the heli up out of the tall grass, set it down any continue flying.

The 130 , MCPX and MCPX BL are perfect for this if you are outdoor flying.
The question now is: will the 180 be as forgiving when flopping into tall grass? I still dont have mine yet but a friend has had one for the last 3 weeks. Having seen it, I seem to think that it will- But only in tall grass. I have flopped the 130 into THICK grass- about 3" tall, and it survives damage free. I dont think the 180 will do so. But TALL grass- it should still be OK.

Of course, the best thing to do is NEVER crash- but how many can say they have never crashed?

My Aircraft Albums: https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/album.php?u=13173
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.