RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Build new wing or refurbish old?
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 10:45 PM   #26
FaceDeAce
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Claude P.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 7C and 9C, Prism 7x
# of RCs: 20+

Total Props: 1
go for a whole new plane - else patch the old wing

8-10 years, eh?

Well if it were me, I would be retiring the plane. At 8-10 years of service you have for sure had the mileage out of it you expected. I would be tacking together the questionable parts. Patch the covering. Then hang it up as a permanent display in your workshop. Then ...

Treat yourself a little. Rather than spending your time on the old plane/wing , spend it putting together something new, something fresh, something different, something you find more exciting, something that can bank hard to the left and is nimble enough to easily dodge flag poles. . I assure you that the end result will be much more satisfying. You will have a hanger queen to occasionaly cast an empty gaze upon (while building the new plane) to re-live some fond memories, AND you will also have a fresh set of wings for the spring.

IF you are set on keeping the old plane flyable - then my vote goes to minimizing the time input and just patching up the old wing.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.