RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Alberta Slope Patrol guide
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #130
B.Welwood
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Bob W
Radio of choice:
Multiplex & Taranis

Total Props: 1
Re: Alberta Slope Patrol guide

Just finished my latest sloper project - a Windrider Bee 2, 48 in. slope combat wing. I had this kit sitting around here for quite some time while deciding exactly what to do with it. I finally came up with some ideas.
Among other things, the Bee has a KK2 control board flashed with OpenAero software. I wanted to try this board to get a stable camera platform and yes, tinker around with the software settings. The stabilization functions are switch controlled from the Tx.
The Bee has curved cf spars and is covered with 5 mil laminating film over which coloured econocote was applied... leftovers from previous projects... (I must have too much time on my hands). Finished glider weight is around 30 ounces.
I also provided the option of converting the Bee over to a future full FVP platform. A pod housing the motor, esc, 3 cell 2650 ma lipo, video transmitter and camera can be bolted onto the bottom of the wing to facilitate this.
I case you don't already know this... HK sells this kit as the Wing Warrior.
I'll try to shoot some video of the Bee flying and post it on this thread. In the meantime, here's a couple of photos for you guys to peruse...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B1.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	506.5 KB
ID:	213359   Click image for larger version

Name:	B2.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	585.4 KB
ID:	213360   Click image for larger version

Name:	B3.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	911.5 KB
ID:	213361  
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.