RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Under steer on my HPI RS4 nitro...
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 08:12 PM   #1
tporter416
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Tom P
Radio of choice:
Spektrum iX12
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 13
Under steer on my HPI RS4 nitro...

My now wife bought me an HPI RS4 2nd gen about 12 years ago. Unfortunately it sat unused on my shelf for the last 11 years. I was at hobby hobby and saw a small jug of car nitro fuel, and decided to see if I could get it going. I tried the pull cord, engine was stuck, removed glow plug, poured in some after run oil, put some more in the carb, waited a couple of days. Tried the pull cord, engine turned and seemed to be smooth. I tried today, with the 11 year old glow plug, to start it (did upgrade receiver to 2.4ghz) and was amazed when it started on the first pull.

Anyways, it was a blast, was amazed how fast it was, however it suffers from severe understeer, and I was wondering if anyone knows the best way to correct on this model?

Thanks,

Tom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	703002  
SAB Goblin Kraken, SAB Goblin 500, SAB Goblin 420, Oxy 2, 180 Fusion, mCPX BL, mCPX BL2, nano CP S, Freewing F-14, FMS Rafale, Freewing F-5N, Freewing BAE Hawk, FMS F-18, A-10, GP Super Sportster, P-39, Spitfire Mk.IX 1200mm, Dogfighter, FMS F-35, FW F-18, E-Max 250 Quad
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.