RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Why MAAC
Thread: Why MAAC
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 07:17 PM   #74

Total Props: 57
Re: Why MAAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelezard View Post
I think PIPERCUB brings an interesting point: I watched the video he was pointing to and I have to admit it was both fascinating and scary. It reminded me of an article I read a few years back about a trans-atlantic flight where the plane flew without a pilot for most of the way. It was seen as a great achievment, they were pioneers. I think it could also have been dangerous.
Yep it could have fallen into the sea and killed a tuna.

Quote:
Our appreciation of risks is subjective; a glider or small park flyer pilot might also think an aerobatic plane with a 45cc engine in the nose is too dangerous, or a turbine plane, or a giant scale multi-engine airplane as seen in some events that attract a lot of seeked publicity.
I think the new way of practicing this hobby (buy and crash) could be at the origin of more clips like that.
There are lots of dumb ass people out there who pull all kinds of stupid stunts. Its a fact of life. Nothing like hearing "Ya'll wana watch this!!" and you know there is a very good chance there will be an injury that will follow.

Quote:
Like LGM Guitars, I agree that an association is desirable but I still don't get the maths.
The budget is printed in the MAAC Magazine each year after a proper audit so if you are a MAAC member you should have recieved it if not you should not concern yourself as it is not your buisness.

Dennis
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.