RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Thinking of a new Heli project
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 11:31 PM   #24

Total Props: 57
Re: Thinking of a new Heli project

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchpilot View Post
Hey Wene, I don't know why I received a p.m. from you but I think you have the wrong person. If I may comment on this subject of Century/Phil. Century has been making great products of all levels longer than any manufacture unlike these endless fly by night crap. It seems that everytime there's a new name that comes out of the wood work. Magazine's don't have the ball's to tell it like it is. Thunder tiger came out, it was the flavour of the month even though it had dozens of versions (a.k.a. problems), now align is the flavour of the month. This company makes vacuums for crying out loud! As for Phil this guy has helped me several times & he new that I bought the bird used & I was buying from the states. What I don't understand we are in the same boat, this hobby cost a fortune if there's a way we all can save some money then be it. I think we are all lucky to do something we love.

Thanks
frenchpilot:
Sorry brother I never PM'ed you? If you were subscribed to this thread you may have got one from R/C canada automatic?

As for your post your exactly right, that is why I posted a link to HK and the fact they and other dealers are putting out quality toy helicopters at 1/10 the price.
http://hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store...elicopter_Kit_

Speaking of Magazines that bugs me to, when Phil was writing for MAAC he was sure to put a Century spin on things and leave out alot of good stuff, and never include any articals writen by any one else, he would include a picture if it was a century helicopter though.

Also he would never offer to pay the forums or MAAC any adverisement fee...like he was feeling the R/C world owed it to him.
But he would use many Alias to spout off on many forums...

I also agree with this hobby brings a lot of enjoyment, But snake oil salesmen like Phil discust me...money, money, money...arhhh!

Best wishes to you in your hobby

Last edited by Guest; 01-19-2010 at 12:14 AM.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.