RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Turnigy 9XR Pro is here. but why?
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 06:57 AM   #3
deaconFlyer
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: B. McLaren
Radio of choice:
Taranis & 9XR
# of RCs: 12+

Total Props: 6
Re: Turnigy 9XR Pro is here. but why?

There is also a "rumour" that HK will make the an upgrade kit available for those who own the original 9XR. I replaced my first generation boards with the newer model in a few minutes. I would be first in line to get the upgrade. I would swap the boards immediately if they became available.

I use my 9XR primarily on a flight simulator now, with my Taranis being my field radio. Using OpenTX I have the radios pretty well adjusted to feel the same. I have the Orange module in the back of the 9XR as well and putter around with a few small bind-n-fly helis on it. My Taranis is all FrSky.

Both radios have a learning curve ... both radios really require you to get your head into a different RC space ... learning CompanionTX is critical to ultimately unlocking the power under the hood. All in all, my radio does exactly what I want it to do ... including a volume knob! Neither radio is an "out-of-the-box-go-fly" radio.

I am back into this hobby courtesy of quality radios and receivers that are affordable. For that reason, I don't look down my nose at a 9XR but look up to the sky where my plane is flying.
... Luke 6:38
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.