RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - The 2.4 war continues, Nomadio now to release a 2.4 system
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 01:17 AM   #78
Canhos
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Mike Gyger

Total Props: 0
I'd jump to Spectrum right away if it weren't for it's limitations.

It won't give me the 10 channels I really want. It won't replace my 10 receivers I have right now (never a glitch yet. I set up my planes properly), and im really not feeling like going out and getting a new system. My flying isn't to the point I'll notice the increased signal speed (I'm still at the 1/2 second speed, any faster, and I will have some issues in my head).

I do have an AM radio still, and it's destined for a parachutist or a combat ship of some sort. It's gold stickered, so it should still be legal.

This Nomadio interests me though, and when something similar is out, I'll probably shell out the cash. Only after they have been out for a year or so though. I'd had to buy a radio that somehow ends up with a bad formulation in a part the causes it to fall apart while I'm using it. I'd also hate to have a radio that suddenly becomes nonfunctional because of some unforseen series of events or something. I've had this happen at work when manufacturers changed too quickly.

I'd hate to go through the same headaches when I go out to play. I have enough problems getting my engines running, and my planes flying.
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.