RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - waiting for my Radikal...(AKA the Radikal sagas.. :) )
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 07:10 PM   #54
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X, 28X

Total Props: 61
Re: waiting for my Radikal...(AKA the Radikal sagas.. :) )

So, tonight was interesting. Could have cost me another set of $120 blades...

I was out again for a test flight. Surprisingly, all that was wrecked with the last crash was the blades. No shafts, no frame damage, not even the flybar. I changed out the bearing and a new set of blades and it was good to go.

I was flying around and then decided to come in to adjust the throttle - took off and was just hovering at about 3 feet when it started to spin again. Did about three turns as I just reduced throttle and sat it down uneventfully.

The nut that holds the pitch plate onto the tail slider thing came off so I lost pitch. I changed the stock pitch slider to the aluminum one, assumed that since it was assembled it would have been loctited... guess not. My error, lucky it let go when I was so close to the ground. Up in the air and it would have been a replay of two nights ago.

ANyhow, disaster averted... I feel thats three "oops" in a row and now I should be back to my hours of uneventful flying

I cant wait to get the Wally motor back, and the carbon Radikal built. Waiting for parts is the only drawback IMO. But I think I will stock up this winter on parts, and next season I willbe prepared for whatever comes my way.

Phil - if you read this, is there any word yet of the upgraded Sprag one way for the Radikal?

AJC
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.