RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Some people just do stupid things!!
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 05:05 PM   #7
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X, 28X

Total Props: 61
Re: Some people just do stupid things!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensidus197217 View Post
That nose in hover thing I can't get the hang of just yet. I can hover within a square foot and gently land pretty much anyplace I choose. I can do pretty well controlled basic patterns at least until I have to nose in hover. I can keep it traveling in one direction and control it well no matter which way it faces and make the turns OK (I think) or at least my blood pressure has dropped a level or two from when I first started flying. That nose in hover thing anyone have any tips?
practice... and a sim if you can. WHan I learned to nose in I still had my training gear on (this was back in the early 90's) but got that down BEFORE I started flying around. Then, approaches towards myself were easy and I never had to land coming from behind myself which is of course not the safest way to do things.

Take an easy to fly heli on the flight sim, slow the responses down and practice. As you get better speed up the response until you are at a realistic or real-world speed.

Nose in isnt hard, it just has to be an automatic response. If you have to tell yourself that the cyclic and tail are reveresed you wont react in time. It has to come from practice and doing it over and over.

Thats just my take on it... others may vary

AJC
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.