RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Detailing a DeHavilland Beaver
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 06:36 PM   #79
Caygeon Flyer
Level 2 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Peter C

Total Props: 0
Re: Detailing a DeHavilland Beaver

For those interested, this is a response to a PM.

I had not checked my model yet for incidence.
The data that I have indicates that the Full Scale Beaver has 0 degrees wing incidence, and -2 degrees on the stab. I will post a reference drawing on the forum.

The datum line on the MRAerodesign side-view drawing is near the front, just above the note "1 degree down thrust" and the line through the engine centreline. The datum is parallel to the bottom of the fuselage at the cabin.

The full scale Beaver measurements are with the cabin floor level - which is parallel to the bottom of the fuse.

The middle stringer is on a different angle.
Assuming that the plans are correct, and based on the fuse bottom being the level datum, I measure on the plans a wing incidence of about + 1 degree, and a stab incidence of 0 degrees.

A quick check of my model (which is not fully assembled yet) indicates that it is about the same settings.

So it looks like your idea is correct. However, I suggest that you contact MR Aerodesign for their advice. I have found Martin to be quite helpful, and his prototype flew well.

For added information -- I have been flying a similar size Beaver model from the Unionville kit for a number of years. It is set up with +2.8 degrees on the wing and 0 on the stabilizer.

Caygeon Flyer

Quote:
I have been following your MRAerodesign build- beautiful job. I am also building one and at stage of attaching tail stab. I cannot see on the plans any incidence references.
The wing is fixed as per tube and round peg. So sitting the tail on "0" I get -1 on wing. i.e. Tail is just resting on a ply cradle.
I should think I need to alter tail to get at least +1on wing.
As far as I can tell the middle stringer on the fuselage side is the datum line, which also gives me the same. So if I make the tail "0" with datum line on fuselage I should get +1 on wing.
Is this what you have ???
Thanks for help
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.