RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum - View Single Post - Building a B-17G 11ft Span this winter (among other planes)
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 04:06 PM   #46
JimMoss
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jim M

Total Props: 1
Well today was the day!!!!!

IT'S ALIVE ....... AND FLIES!!!

Took it to the sod farm where I fly my big birds and after about an hour of assembly! ....... Some final control checks! ....... A range check!

I was ready to take it apart and go home ....... man big planes can be a pain!!

Total weight 42 lbs. .... thrust off 2 91 Saitos and 2 65 Saitos .... 25 lbs

Lined her up on the runway, powered up and after between 250 and 300 she lifted off while I was holding down elevator trying to hold her on the ground.

Had to put in about 3/4's of the possible down trim to get her level and a couple clicks of airleron and she was hands off.

Pulled back the throttle, after a couple circuits, to between 1/4 and 1/2 to check the slow speed flight and flaps settings everything was good!

Lifted the flaps and put the coals to it for a couple high speed low passes ( Usedtobechair - would have liked to be there I'm sure!! )

Man do those 4 engines sound good !!!

Came in for a landing everything is good!!

Noticed that the elevator has about a 1/2 inch down deflection so the plane was still a little tail heavy nothing another 1/2 pound in the nose won't fix.

Then it will be ready to put together again, about a half hour out of my life will be gone again!

Don't have any pics up yet but will get some up soon!
My Old Gallery:
Straighten Up & Fly Right!
vBulletin Message

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.